Intel® System Studio
Ask questions and share information with other users of the Intel® System Studio.
Announcements
Intel® System Studio components are now transitioned to several Intel® oneAPI toolkits and can be found under Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit and Intel oneAPI IoT Toolkit. Use the respective forums for questions related to these components. Getting Started questions can be asked in the Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation forum. If you have Priority Support you can submit your question in the Online Service Center.
348 Discussions

Difference between " system_studio_(2019_update3)" vs " parallel_studio_xe_(2019_update3)"

JET60200
New Contributor I

hello, 

I know Intel provides tool chain alike:  " system_studio" , and " parallel_studio_xe ", both of them includes ICC, IPP, MPL, so on. 

But what's their difference I just wonder ? 

What condition should we use " system_studio" ? and What condtion should we use   " parallel_studio_xe " ?  Can any expert clarify a little ?    Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SofeaAzrin_A_Intel

Hi Jet Xu,

Thank you for your question.

The main difference: ISS is for IoT applications and IPSXE is for HPC, cloud, enterprise and other applications. 

For more info

ISS: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/system-studio.html

PXE: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/parallel-studio-xe.html

JET60200
New Contributor I

Thanks @SofeaAzrin_A_Intel ,

Intel releases some software package to us, and told us to use " system_studio_(2019_update3) ultimate edition" to compile .  Unfortunately I search everywhere but fail to find where to download " system_studio_(2019_update3) ultimate edition" ? Can you point me out  ?

We had tried to download latest " system_studio_(2020_update2) edition" yesterday, but the new toochain fail to compile that released package .  so we definitely need " system_studio_(2019_update3) ultimate edition"  .

Thanks a lot

SofeaAzrin_A_Intel

Hi Jet Xu,

I will reply your questions from the ticket you have created.