Intel® System Studio
Share information with other developers using Intel® System Studio.

Host vs Target

Rich_P
Beginner

I just got a notice to get the new Intel System Studio Beta.  I have to choose between "Windows Host" and "Windows Target."  What is the difference?

Rich

0 Kudos
5 Replies
William_B_Intel1
Employee

Intel System Studio is targeted toward analysis of embedded systems such as phones or tablets.  As such it is typical for the analysis to be done on a host system and remotely connect to a target system.  So if one uses a windows laptop to analyse results from tests run on a windows phone, then one has a windows target and a windows host.  Using the same windows laptop to analyse results from an android tablet would be a windows host and an android target. 

0 Kudos
Rich_P
Beginner

Would the host system be able to build a C++ application that would run on a Desktop computer?

Rich

0 Kudos
William_B_Intel1
Employee

Yes, the target and host can be the same machine. If your target platform is a desktop computer or other non-embedded system one would probably be using Parallel Studio XE, but not necessarily. 

0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Rich,

I am adding Intel System Studio Support matrix article link to get complete information about Host/target configuration - https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-system-studio-2015-support-matrix

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Aswini_S
Beginner

Thank you Naveen for sharing the link. #helpful

0 Kudos