Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_S_2
Beginner

Installation Error for SS2018 u2 on Windows

I'm getting an unfortunately persistent error trying to install Update 2; "Installation aborted: Failed to extract configuration files."

I know that a big part of my issue is my AV (Bitdefender); it threw up all over the first attempt to install the update, labeling several executable files and .micl files as infected with AC4.Detection. I un-quarantined all of the detected files, turned Bitdefender off, and retried the install, but it failed with the error above. I also cleaned up the C:\Users\[user]\Downloads\Intel\system_studio_2018.2* directories and tried again, with the same results.

Is there some other place to clean up in the file system (or registry) to allow for a clean reinstall attempt?

Is there a log file somewhere (I looked in all of the Intel* directories I could find, but didn't see anything) or a way to coerce the installer to make one?

Thanks for any pointers to resolving this.

-Greg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Greg_S_2
Beginner

Sorry, should have remembered the first rule of Windows troubleshooting- always reboot and try again. After a restart and defanging of BitDefender, the install proceeded normally.

0 Kudos