Intel® System Studio
Share information with other developers using Intel® System Studio.

Intel® Quark™ Microcontroller Developer Kit D2000 Accelerometer and PWM: Lab Guide

Miguel_F_
Beginner

Hi,

I bought the Intel® Quark™ Microcontroller Developer Kit D2000 and I install the Intel System Studio 2016.1.067 for Microcontrollers.

I'm able to run the projects that are in the examples, but I find impossible to run any outside projects, an example how I run this Intel® Quark™ Microcontroller Developer Kit D2000 Accelerometer and PWM: Lab Guide

The documentation doesn't match with the software ISSM 2016.1.067.

Best Regards.

MFF

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alice_H_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. This guide is created based on ISSM initial release (Intel System Studio 2016.0.027). We do have some change and improvement in Update 1. I will feedback this to internal. If you want to run this example, you should create a project on QMSI 1.0 and copy the source code to the mail.c. since there are some APIs change between QMSI v1.0 and v1.1.

please let me know if you have further question.

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos
Miguel_F_
Beginner

Hi, Alice,

Actually my experience with Intel (Intel® Quark™ Microcontrollers and Intel System Studio 2016.1.067)  It has been horrible!

I have not been able to find updated documentation on Intel System Studio software,the Intel Lab examples do not run in this software,simple things as create a project of mine,save it and re-open as been unnecessary difficult. 

The time I've invested in Intel if it was on  Atmel or Microchip I would have much better results for sure. I would expect much more from Intel,

I have been working with Altera FPGA for more than 20 years when felt the need to use MCUs, Intel seemed to be natural choice because

of the merge between the to companies but if it proves to be unnecessary complicated due to the lack of updated documentation,Intel examples that only works on previews versions of the ISSM,etc, I will consider seriously taking my business  elsewhere.

I just hope Intel don't mess with Quartus software.

Best Regards,

MFF 

0 Kudos
Alice_H_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Appreciate your feedback. Sorry the hard time you met.

We definitely provide updated document according new ISSM release. you may find the document here. (https://software.intel.com/en-us/issm-2016-user-ref-guide) The lab guide may only focus on specific version of IDE or BSP.

please let me know if you have further question.

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos
tsnyd2
Novice

Where on earth can I download System Studio with which I can work with my Quark D2000?  It is unbelievable how difficult it is to find this software on Intel's site.

0 Kudos
RonB
Beginner

Hi Juhi,

Why the Intel Quark D2000 dev board still sold in famous on-line electronic shops if its development environment can not be downloaded? Although it may be requested, if "our company has a very important use case", which has no guarantee to be granted. Or are there alternative IDE's to work with this board? I have purchased this board last year but never had chance to develop a single application. Please advise and thanks.

0 Kudos