Intel® System Studio
Share information with other developers using Intel® System Studio.

Intel System Studio 2020 Community license unavailable

MatheusGarbelini
Beginner

Hello I'm trying to compile dpdk-19.11.5 using the oneapi but it's giving compilation errors.

The guide I'm following requires System Studio 2020 to compile instead but I cannot find any license to use it. The System Studio 2020 download link is still available by Intel: https://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/IRC_NAS/16789/system_studio_2020_u2_ultimate_edition_offline.tar.gz

But it seems it cannot be used since it's not possible to use this for legacy build systems. Is there some way to get back a community license so I can build such project again (since oneapi with classic compiler is not working)? 

To reproduce compilation error in onapi, simply run the following:

wget http://static.dpdk.org/rel/dpdk-19.11.tar.xz
tar -xf dpdk-19.11.tar.xz
cd dpdk-19.11
make config T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-icc O=x86_64-native-linuxapp-icc
cd dpdk-19.11/x86_64-native-linuxapp-icc
sed -i "s/CONFIG_RTE_EAL_IGB_UIO=y/CONFIG_RTE_EAL_IGB_UIO=n/" .config
sed -i "s/CONFIG_RTE_KNI_KMOD=y/CONFIG_RTE_KNI_KMOD=n/" .config
make -j

After this, the following error appears:

make[4]: *** [test_fib_perf.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
 LD testpipeline
 LD dpdk-procinfo
": internal error: ** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.
** Segmentation violation signal raised. **
Access violation or stack overflow. Please contact Intel Support for assistance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

I have followed the same steps for building (as given by you). I'm able to build it successfully without any issues.

Build complete [x86_64-native-linuxapp-icc]

My environment details are as follows:

oneAPI base toolkit version: 2021.1 (2020.8.0.1005) -- Latest release

ICC version: icc (ICC) 2021.1 Beta 20200827

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6148

Kindly share your environment details.

Also, make sure that you meet all the hardware/software requirements essential for the build.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
MatheusGarbelini
Beginner

Hi @RahulV_intel thanks for your reply. It was actually my end's fault. I'm using an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x which is not supported by the intel compiler which failed to compile the project for obvious reasons. I've tried compiling with an intel machine and it works.

Lastly, do you happen to know if it's possible to get an older version of the compiler for legacy porpoises?

Currently, we cannot get what was previously the community license to install them.

Regards.

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

You may download the PSXE 2017 update 6, which is currently the least version that's available for download on https://registrationcenter.intel.com/. Please note that the versions below 2017 update 6 are not supported.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
MatheusGarbelini
Beginner

Hi @RahulV_intel , thanks for your response.

However, the site brings me to a page that asks me to register for a product via serial code.

Since I don't have a serial code for Intel Compiler 2019, I cannot get such from this page.

Does this mean that getting Intel compiler 2019 with "Community" license is no longer possible?

Only those who purchased the full product previously can?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Could you specify the exact version that you are looking for?

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
MatheusGarbelini
Beginner

Hi @RahulV_intel , sure.

The version I'd need is System Studio 2020 u2 Ultimate edition (I don't need necessarily ultimate edition).

But Intel still makes available the download link to this release as shown below.

https://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/IRC_NAS/16789/system_studio_2020_u2_ultimate_edition_offline.tar.gz

This package can be downloaded and installed but does not offer any "community license" so we can use it.

Regards.

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Since your question is specific to System studio, I have moved this thread to the System studio forum.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Matheus, the link that you have shared is a product download link. It would not generate a license. Rather it is for users who already have a license of the specific product. Such links are therefore not provided publicly. It's only on a request basis that Intel® provides such a link to users.

Also, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® System Studio as a free tool to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool or community support license as you had mentioned. Due to the transition, I would recommend you to look into the toolkits that Intel® System Studio has been equivalently mapped to i.e. Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & Intel® oneAPI IOT Toolkit for future releases.

Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are the next generation of standards-based Intel® Software Development Tools used to build and deploy high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures.

However, if there is a specific requirement or business need for Intel® System Studio then you may open an Online Service Center ticket or contact your BDM.

Online Service Center link: https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Have a safe and wonderful day ahead!

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Matheus, adding to my last reply, I would request you to edit/delete the link out of the post and its comments since the download link was not meant to be shared publicly. 

Thanks

0 Kudos