cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Kconfig problem in ISSM

Jump to solution

I have a problem with my Kconfig file in ISSM. If I modify it at all, the project won't build any more. I'm trying to add drivers to the project but when I modify the prj.conf file, I get errors. I only try to add one line to the Kconfig file at the top under the driver configuration options. Any suggestion? This seems to break the project forever. I can't come back from it.

10:54:58 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project GPIO ****
"C:\\MinGW\\msys\\1.0\\bin\\bash.exe" --login -i -c "cd C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/GPIO && make" 
Using c:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/GPIO/zephyr/boards/quark_d2000_crb/quark_d2000_crb_defconfig as base
Merging c:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/GPIO/zephyr/kernel/configs/nano.config
Merging prj.conf
sed: preserving permissions for `./sed014300': Permission denied
sed: preserving permissions for `./sed018572': Permission denied
c:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.1.067\workspace\GPIO\zephyr\boards\Kconfig:2:warning: config symbol defined without type

*** Error during writing of the configuration.

make[3]: *** [oldnoconfig] Error 1
make[2]: *** [oldnoconfig] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/GPIO/outdir/.config] Error 2

10:55:03 Build Finished (took 5s.894ms)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Matthew,

Can you try to delete outdir folder and rebuild it again ? It works for me. Looks like it have some problem if you didn't start with a clear build.

please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Mattew,

Thanks for your question. May I know what's the instruction you tried to add/modify to prj.conf and Kconfig ? Have you successfully built the Zephyr project without any modification ?

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The project builds fine without modification. It doesn't matter what modification I make to the prj.conf file. Adding any line to it causes this problem. Deleting the change and reverting back to the original, the problem remains. Something about modifying the prj.conf file in any way causes this error. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

It appears to be a problem with "merging prj.conf". The project builds fine from the command line in Linux.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Matthew,

Can you try to delete outdir folder and rebuild it again ? It works for me. Looks like it have some problem if you didn't start with a clear build.

please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes. That resolves the problem. Will this be corrected in the next version of ISSM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Matthew,

It's great to hear issue solved. I will feedback this issue to the team to see how we can improve it in the future release.

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos