Intel® System Studio
Share information with other developers using Intel® System Studio.

MiniGW missing in the System Studio for Microcontrollers- instructions needed!

Aki_P_Intel
Employee

Team,

I tried to compile our basic hello World code to the Genuoino 101. the experience was horrible!

immediate error that MiniGW/bin/bash.exe was not in the path. Well the truth was it was not even installed?

After manually installing minGW, of course the libs are missing too. Not able to find information how to add these missing libs...

I'm using windows 8 system...

please see the following error message from the hello world project to genuino 101..

20:09:01 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project Hello_World ****
"C:\\MinGW\\msys\\1.0\\bin\\bash.exe" --login -i -c "cd C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World && make" 
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/zephyr'
make[2]: Entering directory `/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/outdir'
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTLD  scripts/gen_idt/gen_idt
  HOSTLD  scripts/gen_offset_header/gen_offset_header
  GEN     ./Makefile
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
In file included from scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:2415:0:
c:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/zephyr/scripts/kconfig/symbol.c:9:19: fatal error: regex.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2
  Using /c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/zephyr as source for kernel
  GEN     ./Makefile
  CHK     include/generated/version.h
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `include/config/auto.conf', needed by `prepare1'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/outdir'
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/zephyr'
make: *** [all] Error 2

20:09:11 Build Finished (took 9s.984ms)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alice_H_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your question & feedback. Before Genuoino 101 development, the Zephyr development setup is needed. You can refer this link for the setup instruction. https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/getting_started/installation_win.html

and this ariticle for first zephyr project on Arduino 101. https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/zephyr-application-development-on-arduino-101-with-jtag-debugger

Regarding to your error message, GNU regex library didn't be installed in your machine. Please install the GNU Regex C library from the Msys console interface (C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat.) with the following commands: 

mingw-get update
mingw-get install msys-libregex-dev --all-related

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos
Aki_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

MinGW has been installed. Is the Python installation mandatory, even the Microontroller does not Support Python? Well I did all the steps in the bringup guide.

I made some progress but now it appears the auto.conf is called out, but I cannot find it anywhere?

Please see latest error log for review? BTW has anyone tested the Zephyr Project top of Genuino 101?

Error log:

make[4]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1

make[3]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2

Using /c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/zephyr as source for kernel

GEN ./Makefile

CHK include/generated/version.h

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `include/config/auto.conf', needed by `prepare1'. Stop.

make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/outdir'

make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/zephyr'

make: *** [all] Error 2

14:53:05 Build Finished (took 11s.493ms)

0 Kudos
Alice_H_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Could you share the steps how you create/build the project ?

Yes. we have validated the Zephyr project on Genunio 101. (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/zephyr-application-development-on-arduino-101-with-jtag-debugger)

Could you make sure "c:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/zephyr/scripts/kconfig/symbol.c:9:19: fatal error: regex.h: No such file or directory" this error msg is fixed or not ?

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos
Aki_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Alice,

Thank you for the confirmation, I created new Hello_World_2 Project when all the necessary libraries and dependencies have been installed.

Managed to get the compilation trough! Now the openOCD gave an error Message: openOCD could not connect the device. I am using just USB-USB-A cable, no JTAG / Serial cable available.

OpenOCD_error.bmp

0 Kudos
Alice_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Aki,

Good to hear that. For the ISSM, you have to connect JTAG pins with jtag debugger. In the document, we use olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H with ARM-JTAG-20-10 hardware for connection. otherwise, there is no way for openocd establish.

USB-USB-A cable only can connect to MCU USB serial, not JTAG.

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos