Intel® System Studio
Share information with other developers using Intel® System Studio.

Named user licenses on shared machine

Mark_L_5
Beginner

Hi,

I have System Studio installed on a shared Linux server, and a named user license that allows me to use the tools from my account. I would like another developer to be able to use the tools as well as me. If I buy a second named user license will it be possible for him to just install his license file and use the shared software installation?

A secondary question: the other developer currently has a Parallel Studio license. Is there any way to convert this to System Studio? I presume that they are treated as different products as far as licenses are concerned, even though they share some components.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Mark,

Yes, several users can use Intel® System Studio installed on a shared drive as long as everyone has an individual named-user license in place. (The alternative solution would be a floating license managed by a license manager/server).

Yes, Intel® Parallel Studio is a different product, license-wise, but very similar to System Studio, components-wise. Yes, a conversion of a Parallel Studio license to System Studio license is possible. I'll forward your email to a colleague from the business department who will contact you soon.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Svatlana_B_
Beginner

Hello!

I have question almost the same, but let me ask for double checking. If I will buy couple of user-named license, then two another users can use them, right? I mean, that every of that two users will be owner of license and can manage its license without me (in case that I bought it). Am I right?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Yes, that's right. A named-user license is bound to an individual user who cannot share this license with other users. A license owner can install this license on up to 3 systems, but use the licensed product only once at a time.

Hubert. 

0 Kudos