Intel® System Studio
Share information with other developers using Intel® System Studio.

Need a licence file to evaluate the product

Jonathan_B_4
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team,

I have downloaded Intel® System Studio Composer Edition evaluate the performance of ICC in Linux compiling our libraries, but I cannot install it as I do not have root privilege on our Linux servers and need a licence file.

Could you please send me an evaluation licence file?

Thanks and Regards,

Jonathan Betser

UBS AG London, UK

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Yang_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Jonathan,
      If you don't have the root privilege, you can install the tools as current user. At the first step of the installation, you should see there are 3 ways to install:

1. Run as a root for system wide access for all users [default]
2. Run using sudo privileges and password for system wide access for all users
3. Run as current user to limit access to user level

You may try option 3 in this case.

For the evaluation purpose, the license file is not a must. During the installation, you should see following (or similar):

1. Use existing license [default]
2. I want to activate my product using a serial number
3. I want to evaluate my product or activate later
4. I want to activate by using a license file, or by using Intel(R) Software License Manager

You can select 3 to continue install. By default, you will have 30 days for evaluation.

Thanks.

-Yang

0 Kudos
Jonathan_B_4
Beginner

Hi Yang

Thanks for your answer.

I have chosen the options as you advised, but then I am getting a screen with the following options:

1. Become root to install evaluation [default]

2. Become root to install evaluation using sudo privileges and password

3. Install evaluation software using a license file

4. Install evaluation software with help of system administrator

How can I install the evaluation without admin rights?

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Dear Jonathan,

I have sent license file to your email id, please use option 3-  Install evaluation software using a license file.

regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Yang_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Jonathan,

As Naveen mentioned, the license file has been sent to your email address. Please use the license file to install and let us know if you have any further issues. Meanwhile I will check with our installation team to see if we can have a more robust installation for the user without admin rights.

Thanks.

-Yang

0 Kudos
Jonathan_B_4
Beginner

Thank you both for sending me the licence file,

Now I can get to the next step in the installation process.

However, I am now facing another issue, as my user rights provide me acces only to a network drive.

What happens when I specify the path where I want to install the product is the following error message during the prerequisite check:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missing critical prerequisite
-- Not enough disk space
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The network share location shows over 28GB free disk space, so I believe this error message is a bug.

I have tried with the silent mode, but then I am facing another problem:

Sorry, but the Trial License Activation does not work in silent mode on this
environment. If you still want to use it, please run installation in usual mode.

Could you please help?

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I'll follow up with your installatino problem.

For the 1st problem (not enough disk space), could you please upload the log file /tmp/intel.pset.<userid>.<hostmachine>_<tag>.<date>.log in a private thread (answer via "Send Author A Message" and attach the file. We will investigate what went wrong.

The silent mode should work with the eval license file. I've sent the license file to your email and if you want to try the silent mode please modify the silent activation option to use the license file.

Thanks & regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Jonathan_B_4
Beginner

Hi Hubert,

I have sent you the log by email.

Please keep me updated on this.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Jonathan,

The log file indicates that there is not enough disk space on /tmp. The error doesn't refer to the target installation directory.

You can either make free space on /tmp or specify an alternative temp directory for installation with adding option --tmp-dir to the installation script (for example ./install.sh --temp-dir /var/tmp).

Please let me know if this helps. If not, send me please another log file from this installation session.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos