Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taha
Beginner

OSX installation "some locations are not writable"

I downloaded both the standard and the off-line installer for 2019 update 2, and even ran it once with sudo, in all cases I am getting "/Users/user/Downloads/system_studio_2019" as not writable, "check permissions", weird bug with the installer that I cannot bypass. I am on 10.13.6 .

The "support" link in the installer is also a disappointment, takes me to the Intel Support portal, not to where I "need to be", and I could find System Studio from there, apparently they portal insists that you choose categories, subcategories etc instead of providing a search bar.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anjali_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you post some screenshots of what stage of the installation process you are getting this? 

Alternatively, try deleting the 'system_studio_2019' directory and do the install again. You should not need to install as sudo. 

If you see the same error, please provide a screenshot and a .log file. It should be inside the unzipped directory or the location of your install. 

Thanks, for pointing out the issue with support link. Our team will look into it.

Thanks

Anjali