Intel® System Studio
Share information with other developers using Intel® System Studio.

Running ISSM on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

KPers
Beginner

Helllo,

I have been trying to run Intel System Studio for Microcontrollers 2016 Update 1 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and have encountered a few problems along the way.  I can install the IDE and launch it, as well as create projects but cannot access C/C++ Settings and encountered a few instabilities when trying to build a project. Is there a stable build for ISSM 2016 for Ubuntu 16.04?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_H_Intel
Employee

Hello Kaveena,

Sorry to hear the experience you had. May I have more detail what kind of issue you had ? Your feedback will be important to improve our next release. 

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos
KPers
Beginner

Hello Alice,

As I mentioned, when I try to open the projects settings of a selected project, I am unable to access the actual settings. I select the project, right click on it, open its Properties menu, the following window pops up (as expected).

However when I try to open the C/C++ Build (by double clicking on it), the pop-up gets stuck on the Resource page.  This is issue is quite limiting as I cannot modify, my project settings using the IDE; I currently have to resort to running ISSM 2016 Update 1 on an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS VM.

Also, building projects sometimes hangs.

I haven't investigated further issues.

ISSM_Properties_1.png

0 Kudos