cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeonghyun_b_
Beginner

System Studio License policy.

Hello.

What is the difference between Floating License and Named-User License.

If i buy System Studio with Named-User license, I will be able to use only one host computer?

On the other hand, named user means I can't use System Studio on more than one host computer from day to day right?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

A named-user license can be used by an individual user once at a time only. The user can install System Studio on several Computers, but not use it concurrently across multiple systems, but the user can run unlimited instances of the product on a single computer.. A named-user license cannot be shared between more users. Only the license owner (who has registered the serial number) is allowed to use the product.

A Floating license can be used by as many users concurrently on several systems as license seats are available. License seats are consumed per user and system. Running several instances or components of a product on the same machine consumes one license seat only.

Does this help? Have you evaluated the Intel® System Studio already?

Regards, Hubert.

jeonghyun_b_
Beginner

thank you for your comment.

I have not evaluated the system studio yet. just I have a plan to buy it later.

To make sure the usage. I'll ask you a question with the example.

Q1. If there are two people who has their own personal computer respectively and the system studio are also installed on both host PC with one named license. In above situation, is it possible person A use system studio on PC A someday and person B use the system studio on PC B next day?

Q2. If i have two PCs and the system studio are also installed on both host PC with one named license. In above situation, is it possible that i use system studio on PC A on someday and use the system studio on PC B next day?

I know already it is not allowed to use it concurrently across multiple systems.
Regards,
jeonghyun_b_
Beginner

thank you for your comment.

I have not evaluated the system studio yet. just I have a plan to buy it later.

To make sure the usage. I'll ask you a question with the example.

Q1. If there are two people who has their own personal computer respectively and the system studio are also installed on both host PC with one named license. In above situation, is it possible person A use system studio on PC A someday and person B use the system studio on PC B next day?

Q2. If i have two PCs and the system studio are also installed on both host PC with one named license. In above situation, is it possible that i use system studio on PC A on someday and use the system studio on PC B next day?

I know already it is not allowed to use it concurrently across multiple systems.
Regards,

hubert-haberstock (Intel) wrote:

A named-user license can be used by an individual user once at a time only. The user can install System Studio on several Computers, but not use it concurrently across multiple systems, but the user can run unlimited instances of the product on a single computer.. A named-user license cannot be shared between more users. Only the license owner (who has registered the serial number) is allowed to use the product.

A Floating license can be used by as many users concurrently on several systems as license seats are available. License seats are consumed per user and system. Running several instances or components of a product on the same machine consumes one license seat only.

Does this help? Have you evaluated the Intel® System Studio already?

Regards, Hubert.

Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Answers for

Q1) NO. Because a named-user license is bound to an INDIVIDUAL user. Two users cannot share a single named-user license at all.

Q2) YES.The owner of a named-user license can install the product on several computers, but use the product only once at a time on a System.

Regards, Hubert.