cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_S_9
Beginner

Trouble getting this set up in VS 2013

Hello,

I have System Studio 2016, and IPP installed, and for some reason it doesn't appear to be working properly.

In Visual Studio, there are new options to use IPP, Math Kernel, and Threaded Building Blocks, but I have not found an option to use the Intel Compiler instead of the default MSVC compiler.

Under Tools->Options there is a new "Intel Compilers and Tools" option, but for instance when I click on the C++ tab it gives the message "There are no Intel C++ compilers installed".

I have Visual Studio 2013 Professional w/ Update 3 installed.

I'm also wondering if it has to do with the fact that the project I'm working with is 32-bit. If there are only 64-bit versions in System Studio, is it possible to get a version of these programs that still work with 32-bit as I don't want to go through the hassle of converting my program to 64-bit right now only in order to use these Intel packages.

Thank you for your time,
-Matt

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hi Matt,

Regarding 32bit and 64bit, Intel compiler do support both in Intel System Studio. So, this is not root cause of the issue.

Did you customize your installation or see any error/warning about Visual Studio integration? It seems the integration is broken. You may try reinstall or repair and make sure the integration is successful.

Thanks,

Shenghong