Intel® System Studio
Ask questions and share information with other users of the Intel® System Studio.
Announcements
Intel® System Studio components are now transitioned to several Intel® oneAPI toolkits and can be found under Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit and Intel oneAPI IoT Toolkit. Use the respective forums for questions related to these components. Getting Started questions can be asked in the Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation forum. If you have Priority Support you can submit your question in the Online Service Center.
346 Discussions

Visual Studio (17 and 19) Integration for both System Studio 19.1 and 2020 broken

Newell__Glenn
Novice

I think perhaps recent visual studio updates broke my system studio 19.1 integration and now I can't build my code that requires intel c++.

In VS 2017 the compiler choice is still showing (19.1 only) but it complains about the build tools for 19.1 being missing.

In VS 2019 the compiler choice is missing altogether. 

I was hoping installing System Studio 2020 would solve the problems. No errors during install but it didn't change anything.

It went through several "microsoft integration" steps.

Please advise.

MSVC 19 is version 16.7.7 and it shows Intel® C++ Compiler – extension version 19.1.0.16, Package ID: w_comp_lib_2020.4.311

It also shows intel adviser, inspector, and VTune 2020 update 3 but not the compiler

MSVC 17 is version 15.9.28 and it shows Intel® C++ Compiler – extension version 19.1.0.15, Package ID: w_comp_lib_2020.4.311 (twice!) as well as advisor, inspector, vtune, and performance libs.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies