cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_B_Intel
Employee

c1000 can't create ./drivers/debug/quark_se/x86/obj/clk.o

Hi, 

I'm using windows 8.1 and followed install instructions. Can you help me with the following.

1. When I launch ISSM it says "Warning unable to find MinGW", is this ok?

2.  I am getting the error below building hello world.  

15:34:08 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project Hello_World ****
make 
APP_NAME = Hello_World
SOC = quark_se
TARGET = x86
APP_DIR = .
BUILD = debug
CSTD = c99
VERSION = '1.1.0'
C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/tools/utils/make -C ./bsp/drivers SOC=quark_se TARGET=x86 BUILD=debug V=0 CSTD=c99
BUILD = debug
CSTD = c99
VERSION = '1.1.0'
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/bsp/drivers'
CC ../drivers/debug/quark_se/x86/obj/clk.o
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: can't create ../drivers/debug/quark_se/x86/obj/clk.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [../drivers/debug/quark_se/x86/obj/clk.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_2016.1.067/workspace/Hello_World/bsp/drivers'
make: *** [libqmsi] Error 2

15:34:10 Build Finished (took 1s.390ms)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alice_H_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

Thanks for your question. The MinGW is needed in ISSM for building project and it can't be skipped. That's the major reason why you can't create folder in second issue. In general, MinGW should be auto installed by ISSM installer. Could you check if you have this utility in your host machine ? If not, please install it manually. and please remove any other utility such cygwin. it may have some confliction.

Hope it can help you.

Thanks,

Alice

mo_bri
New Contributor I

Hold on, I get this warning, and my system creates the folders completely ok. I used to have this problem (no folders - so I manually would create every output folder needed by make). You simply need to install the latest IDE upgrade 1). Uninstall everything, then download and re-install the ISS eclipse IDE again.

It works perfectly. and if the board is not recognised (from device manager), then re-run the install.bat file inside the debug tools folder.

Michele_L_Intel
Employee

If you're trying to run this tool within a firewall, this is most likely due to network security resulting to folder permissoin.  Run the following steps to configure the proxy for your network.

http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-net-...

Then once you have the above error resolved, if you're still having trouble building and executing the samples (like I did), try first uninstalling existing Cygwin and reinstalling the ISSM tool while the target is connected to FTDI micro-B USB connector.