cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

no fortran compiler in System Studio?

hi guys,

I'm trying System Studio free version and first thing that catches the eye is the absence of ifort - is this normal & expected?

And if yes then my question is - does it make sense to mix gnu and intel if your software needs both C & Fortran to build?

p.s. not a programmer thus go easy on me.

many thanks, L.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Pawel,

Intel make a FORTRAN compiler. It is here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/fortran-compilers

But it is not included with Intel System Studio, but with Intel Parallel Studio.  

Hope this helps,

Chris Perkins / Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Chris,  It would be fantastic if a FORTRAN compiler were included in ISS.  I have a hobby of resurrecting old lens design programs.  It's just a hobby, so I can't justify $850 for the paid license.  The programs are not in the public domain, so I can't go the open source route.  I could probably learn Eclipse and use the GNU compiler, but it would be much more convenient to stick with the Visual Studio IDE.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good morning,

is it possible to install in the same PC the Intel Parallel Studio with the Fortran compiler and the ISS? I made a try few weeks ago, because I was interested in developing Fortran code calling OpenCL library. The result was a mess, Fortran compiler was not found anymore by visual studio and I had to reinstall parallel studio from the beginning to get it back.

Anyway I am still interested is such a programming model, Any advice for that?

Thanks

Alessandro

0 Kudos