Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

undefined symbol: omp_get_num_procs while using MKL

Hi,

I running Caffe on Intel Xeon CPU E7-8890 v3  (Ubuntu 14.04 Linux 3.19) which needs MKL as blas library. When I run the executable it gives an error: "symbol lookup error: ../../lib/libmkl_intel_thread.so: undefined symbol: omp_get_num_procs"

I have installed System Studio 2016. I did mention in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64 and also created symbolic link to the caffe build/lib/ directory

I didn't have any issue while running the same example on SKL-H with same Linux kernel.

Thanks,

Siddhesh

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hi Siddesh,

This error is because OpenMP runtime is not found on LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Adding the location of libiomp5.so to LD_LIBRARY_PATH will fix the problem.

Another way to fix it is to use sequential (single-threaded) MKL lib, where OpenMP is not needed.

Please  take a look at this: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/single-node-caffe-scoring-and-training-on-intel-xeon-e5-se.... A lot has already been done for enabling Caffe with MKL. This may help you to avoid duplicating the work.

Appreciate if you could you let me know more on your group project details which  involves for ISS with MKL?

Thanks,

Pallavi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Pallavi,

Thank you for your reply.  The issue got solved by adding compiler libs (for ex: /psxe_clusteredition/compilers_and_libraries_2016/linux/lib/intel64) into LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Thanks,

Siddhesh Shirodker

0 Kudos