Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Any experiences with Honor/Huawei devices?

ZSott
Beginner

Hello,

do anybody have any experiences with Honor/Huawei devices? Bad or good?

I'm having issue with presenting from this devices. It can't find the server. I use automatic pairing with DNS TXT record.  Other vendors (like Samsung) works fine.

Device: Honor 20

Android version: 10

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the issue that you are currently having we would like to request the following information so we can investigate this further on our end.

1.What would be the exact Unite app version that you are having issues with?

2.Have you made any changes related to hardware or software before the issue started? If yes, please provide as many details as possible.

3.Please provide the following information about the Samsung devices:

• Model/models:
  • Android versions tested:

4.Can you please describe to us the error that you are getting, also does any error messages appear on the screen while trying to present?

Note: A screenshot or a video of the errors will be helpful as well if possible.

5.Are the errors intermittent?

6.Were you ever able to present with these Huawei devices before or is this the first time that you install the app on them to try to present from them as clients?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
ZSott
Beginner

Hello,

1.What would be the exact Unite app version that you are having issues with?
- It's 4.2.18036.38

2.Have you made any changes related to hardware or software before the issue started? If yes, please provide as many details as possible.
- No.

3.Please provide the following information about the Samsung devices:
- There are J5, A40, S10, etc with Android 10 or 11. But Samsung works fine.

Devices that doesn't work:
- Honor 20, Andoid 10
- Huawei P20 Pro, Android 10

4.Can you please describe to us the error that you are getting, also does any error messages appear on the screen while trying to present?

I attached a video and log file, when my colegue was trying to connect from Honor 20

In the attached video, is server address added manually. But it has the same behavior, as automatic setting.

Log file shows, that it cannot find the DNS TXT record, but DNS record exists, because other devices works fine.

Also there is and error with connecting to PTR-lookup server on. So my guess is that it can't resolve the name?

All mobile devices are in the same network, but only those two types doesn't work.

5.Are the errors intermittent?
- No. It's permanent.

6.Were you ever able to present with these Huawei devices before or is this the first time that you install the app on them to try to present from them as clients?
- It never worked.

Thank you for help.

Regards,
Zdenek

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott

Thank you so much for your response.

We appreciate the information provided. In order to continue with investigating this further on our end can you please provide the following log file and screenshots?

• To get the log file instructions please follow the steps in the following link.

• Please provide a screenshot of the specifications section of both the Huawei devices affected.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
ZSott
Beginner

Hello Victor,

I'm still gathering those log files.

Transaction log is quite unique, because one is 1,5GB and the second one is 3,5GB

Best regards,

Zdenek

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott,

We appreciate your effort, as soon as you have the files please let us know so we can continue investigating this behavior on our end.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott,

Please let me know if you are still getting the logs needed to continue. 

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
ZSott
Beginner

Hello Victor,

I'm sorry for late response, I was on vacation.

I collected the requiered logs, but I discovered some strange network configuration of the device.

I will try to resolve it and I will let you know tommorow.

Best regards,

Zdenek

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

"I discovered some strange network configuration of the device."

That's probably the spyware that the U.S. Government claims is in Huawei devices!

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott,

We completely understand. Please take as much time as you need, we will be waiting for your outcome.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
ZSott
Beginner

Hello,

I got confirmed from network team, that everything si fine for them. But it's not working.

We have working 300+ mobile devices, even one Huawei P20 joined. so this issue must be on a specific device.

I will install wireshark on the servers and try to look into communication.

Logs are attached.

Best regards,
Zdenek

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott,

We appreciate the logs that you provided. In order to continue doing further research on our end please share with us the following information.

1-You mentioned that you guys are working with 300+ mobile devices, and from those devices, three models (Honor 20, Huawei P20 Pro, and Huawei P20) are the only ones affected. Can you please share with us how many of those device's exact models are been affected by this issue?

2-Please confirm if the Unite app version installed on those mobile devices is the latest one available, and if possible, please let us know where you downloaded the unite app version currently installed on those mobile devices.

3-Please provide a screenshot of the specifications section of all the different models of devices affected.

Note: Once you complete the Wireshark test please share your results with us, we will be waiting for your response.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott,

Please let me know if you are able to provide the information requested.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
ZSott
Beginner

Hello Victor,

1. These models are very rare. We know about 3 models, only one is functional.

2. Yes, Unite app is up tu date.

3. I will try to collect it.

We were not able to do a network test with wireshark, yet. Also we have national holidays and vacation season has started, so it will be slightly difficult to schedule our free time to od a test.

When I will have some new information, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Zdenek

Thank you.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello ZSott,

We completely understand. Please take as much time as you need, we will be waiting for your outcome.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott,

Please let me know if you are able to provide the information requested.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ZSott, 

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Victor G.  

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
ZSott
Beginner

Hello Victor,

With some other help I managed to get the manual pairing to works.

There isn's public guide how to manuall pair the mobile device with Unite server.

There are several options:
Go to the landing page and click the url link. Then in configuration switch to the "manual".

Or use the "Add organization" button in the app, where is needed to put the whole url link. Then also switch to the manual.

Also there is another device, that cannot somehow read the DNS record - Samsung Z Fold. Workaround I mentioned before, works.

Best regards,

Zdenek

0 Kudos