Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Audio plays on both client and Hub

BDown2
Beginner

I I can mute the client's audio but I feel this shouldn't be necessary.

Also I cannot control the volume on the Hub. It's maxed out all the time while presenting.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello BrianDowner,

Thank you for contacting us, I was reading your thread and I can see that you are having issues with the Intel® Unite™ App, I will be more than happy to help you.

To better assist you please provide us with the following information:

Is the Intel® Unite™ App stand alone or enterprise?

What is the Intel® Unite™ App version you have installed?

What is the model of the hub?

What is the model of the client?

Regards,

Ciany C.

0 Kudos
BDown2
Beginner

Hi Ciany,

I'm running the enterprise version. My current enterprise server is running on windows server 2016 data center on virtual hardware

I'm running version 3.2.82.42

My Hub is running on an Intel NUC NUC5i5MYHE connected to the enterprise network via gigabit ethernet.

The client that had this issue is a Lenovo Twist S230u

I've also tried using a Nexus 5x and the audio didn't even try coming through the Hub with that one.

One both video was very choppy and had very long delays.

Thanks

--

Brian

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello BrianDowner,

Thank you for the information provided; I have forwarded the information to the appropriate team.

This thread will be updated as news become available.

Regards,

Ciany C.

0 Kudos
BDown2
Beginner

If I'm understanding the statement I received from the email reply...

Q: 2. Cannot control the volume on the Hub. It's maxed out all the time while presenting.

A: Hub can only be either muted or unmuted, do you want to enter this volume controller as a feature request?

...Then I'm very confused. What good is a presentation system if you cannot control the volume of said presentation? I'm afraid Intel Unite will simply not work for my organization if this isn't possible.

0 Kudos
RWild1
Beginner

may i ask, how anyone could consider this issue as "solved"?

"A: Hub can only be either muted or unmuted, do you want to enter this volume controller as a feature request?"

Imagine someone sitting in the room where the presentation is held. He is using his laptop as client and wants to remotely play a video on the intel unite hub (which, again, is in the same room). How can one only mute the client device, so that the sound is only played on the hub. At the moment the sound is played twice, not simultaneously but with a slight delay, which is absolutely not enjoyable for the audience.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello richardwagner,

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to answer your question the case was determined to be solved due to the fact that the team in charge of the issue shared that currently, the Intel Unite® app does have a volume slider, and it can only mute/un-mute the audio which is transmitted to the hub.

This feature request was sent to the Intel Unite marketing and development team for review; however we do not have any ETA regarding this situation.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RWild1
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, this is a tricky situation. Although we are mirroring the connection to another display, we would need another 'interface' or way of telling the 'hub-station' to mute itself, since there is no new playback device added, as if we were connecting a screen via hdmi for example. This is definitly something you should be aware of, since your solution is just perfect for businesses like ours, where you have a lot of employees using many types of devices. And with your solution there is no needs for annoying adapters or usb-c connectors (i'm looking at you, touchbar macbook). And i guess a lot of people would like to be able to sit in the same room with the audience and present something with their own device but mirrored to the Unite Hub. And if they for example want to play a video of which the sound is only played on the hub, there is simply no way atm...

Please correct me if i'm wrong here.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello richardwagner,

Thank you for your feedback.

I totally understand your position regarding the feature on the tool and I regret to inform you that at the moment this is what the app offers, however even if we do not have an ETA for any update, higher management is aware of this request and if by any chance any update on the app is released on the future, all the information will be posted in our download center for public download.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
RWild1
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thanks for your reply.

We will keep an eye on the download center.

Best regards,

rw

0 Kudos