Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TScot8
Beginner

Clarification on Guest Display features/installation links

Please see below Guest Display screen, as per the documentation (p9) it seems to be displaying correctly, but you'll note it only offers links for 1) when you already have Intel Unite installed and 2) when you want a single-use version despite the footer saying "If you don't have the client you can download above." and the 3x version offering client-specific installation links (p11)?

Untitledg.png

Also. Using the single-use version I was not given the option to view a displaying screen, or display my screen:-

Untitledguestdisplay.png

That can't be correct? I know the page stated "Not all features may be available in single use version" but the only thing I could get working on this version is the file transfer?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TScot8

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

What is the Intel Unite® version installed on the environment (server, HUB, and client)?

Is the Intel Unite® client software installed on the client?

How many units are having this issue?

What is the brand and model of the clients affected? 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

TScot8
Beginner

Hi Leo

What is the Intel Unite® version installed on the environment (server, HUB, and client)?

Hub app properties state 4.1.413.43 

Intel Hub & Modules in Admin portal state 4.1.386.430.

Server is Intel Unite Cloud Service (in About state 4.1.386.43 Portal version)

Client is the one-time only version as that is the only version offered in the page.

Is the Intel Unite® client software installed on the client?

No, as can seen above I was only given the option in the page to use the one-time only version.

How many units are having this issue?

One client is having the issue - I was testing the Guest capability with it.

What is the brand and model of the clients affected? 

The client is Asus X555L running Windows 10.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello TScot8

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

Please allow us to look into these inquiries and as soon as we have more details available we will be updating this thread.

Regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello TScot8

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regarding your inquiry, it is important that there is no confusion between the Hub screen that shows the Guest Access enabled status against the guest access download page.

The Guest Access download page can be accessed after enabling the Guest Access plugin, the purpose of the guest join link is so the user can join to a Guest Access session without having to connect to the corporate network but instead through the virtual hotspot enabled.

The SSID information is shown on the Hub.

We hope this clarifies your concerns, should you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello TScot8

We would like to know if you were able to check our previous post and if it was helpful to clarify your inquiries.

Regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello TScot8

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Andrew G.