Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Control clients over hub keyboard

JHans12
Beginner

Hello,

some time ago i posted a similar question. I think my question was not defined very well. So i made a picture to illustrate my question:

In principle, this configuration should work, or? (Without the red parts of the picture).

The most important thing is, that the workstation could be controlled by the hub keyboard.

Is this possible?

Has someone made experiences with such a configuration?

It would be very nice if you could help me.

Thanks,

Julius

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TAdam5
Novice

Hello,

In my opinion You can't control from Your Hub device through Intel Unite a remote workstation.

Intel Unite software instaled on hub device is only to present screens/aplications,

But i'm not from Intel Unite stuff, and this is opinion based on my experience.

JHans12
Beginner

Hello Tadamo,

thank ypu vor your replay. I already expected that. Maybe the support or somebody else nevertheless knows a way.

If it is not possible, can I use the SDK to write a Plug-In for this function?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jhanses ,

In understand that you have inquiries regarding our Intel Unite® app.

In this case in order to gather more information regarding your request; let me ask, what is exactly the feature(s) that you want to control over the HUB keyboard?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JHans12
Beginner

Hello Diego,

ich want to control the Workstation as if I work directly on it.

This is necessary, because the desktop-workstation is in another room. Otherwise you are not able to control it when you are in the meeting room.

Do you understand what I mean?

Thank you and best Regards

Julius

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jhanses,

Thank you for your response.

I regret to inform you that in this case our Intel Unite® app Unite functionality does no support that type of feature, since the hub functionality will be limited to create, save and manage pins and credentials for different users.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JHans12
Beginner

Hello Diego,

Is it possible that this feature will get on the roadmap?

And/Or is it possible to add this feature with the plug-in sdk myself.

Best Regards,

Julius

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jhanses

Thank you for your reply.

We will send your request for revision so the Intel Unite ® team can take a look to it, however since another team will be in charge; we do not actually know or guarantee that the feature will be added on the future.

Regarding the plugin, you can discuss the creation of it directly in the Intel® Unite developing forums, found here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-business-client-software-development https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-business-client-software-development

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JHans12
Beginner

Hello Diego,

Thank you very much for your help. I will disuss this topic in developer forum.

Best Regards

Julius

0 Kudos