Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

DNS TXT Record, 0x0053B, Enterprise 4.0 Deployment

Lawrence
Beginner

I followed the Enterprise Deployment Guide for 4.0 Revision 1.1.

However, I'm a little unsure of the DNS TXT record. I've added it based on what's in the document but I'm not sure what's in the document is correct.

My DNS TXT record looks like was added into our DNS with the following information:

Record Name: uniteservice

FQDN: uniteservice.REDACTEDDOMAINHERE

Text: SERVICEURL=https://REDACTEDSERVERNAME.REDACTEDDOMAINNAMEHERE/intelunite/api|ORGID=GUIDHERE|OrgName=REDACTEDORGNAME

However, it doesn't appear to be working as I still get 0x0053B errors on clients. My connections all have the domain as their connection suffix too.

Are pipes ("|") what are supposed to be used here? The landing page URL shows a URL with & symbols instead. I've tried with both but haven't had any luck.

If I register a client via the URL on the provision page of the admin portal, it works as expected but I'd like to have the TXT record working.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Lawrence, A DNS TXT record points to the enterprise server. In that way, if the configuration is correct, hubs and clients can locate the enterprise server. The information the DNS TXT record provides is basically the URL of the server hosting the Web API component of the Intel Unite software and the organization ID. In this scenario, the DNS TXT record was configured properly since you are able to provide the provisioning URL to the clients. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Lawrence, If you have any further questions about DNS TXT record, we will be happy to assist you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Lawrence, If you need any further assistance, please keep us informed. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BTeso
Beginner

Not sure if you answered the question. I'm getting the same thing. Are pipes suppose to be in the text?

0 Kudos