Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Disconnect Inactive Clients

idata
Employee

Hello! Running in to an issue where users are not disconnecting from the HUBs. Is there a profile property/setting I can modify to terminate inactive connections after a specified amount of time?

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, YRMC_GUY.

For me to assist you better, I would like to know what is the version of Intel Unite® you are using on the client and the hub? Please specify if it is Enterprise or Small Business. Furthermore, what is the model of the systems used on the Hub and clients? Additionally, when the issue occurs, is there any error shown, if so, please provide me with a screenshot of it.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Server, Hub and Client all 3.2. Enterprise environment. Hubs run on HP Elite Slice for meeting rooms. There is no error.... users are not disconnecting from their sessions.. I want to be able to time them out after 30-60 minutes so when the next meeting comes into the room they are not looking at the last meetings content. I do not see any settings that suggest you can change this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, YRMC_GUY.

Allow me to perform a deeper research regarding this issue, I will be back to you soon.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, YRMC_GUY.

Please double check the instructions provided on the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_Solution_User_Guide.pdf Intel Unite® Solution User Guide document on page 26 and 27, about disconnect users on Intel Unite® app.

Please share with us the outcome.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Antony,

The process to manually disconnect another user is pretty straight forward. My question was directed at timing out inactive users automatically so that the next person to connect to that hub doesn't have to. I'd like to say people will always disconnect form their unite session and not leave content displayed for the next meeting in the conference room to see, however, this will never be the case. You might suggest to the Development team adding a feature that accommodates this need.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, YRMC_GUY.

I will escalate this issue to a different level of support, once I have an update I will definitely let you know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, YRMC_GUY.

Allow me to inform you that the Intel Unite® app does not have an option to automatically disconnect inactive users, this need to be performed manually. I have sent this feedback to our development group for them to consider it. In the case you have more recommendations do not hesitate to let us know about it.

Antony S.
0 Kudos