Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Enterprise Deployment Questions for Newbie

KKM1
Beginner

Hello all;

I would like to introduce Intel Unite to my company for collaboration, presentation, and video conference. If anyone can tell what is the best practice to deploy it in Enterprise environement, I have 3 offices in three different countries.

1. Can I use SQL Express database for Enterprise deployment?

2. Can I deploy two different enterprise server in two different countries as a high availability setup, if the Server A in Office A is not working, we can use Server B in Office B, if it can, how to sync the contents between Server A and Server B in two different countries?

3. Can I deploy the enterprise server in DMZ network, any disadvantage?

4. If I have user on the road and want to join the meeting, can they join through the server in DMZ, or it must use Skype.

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello KANE KM,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Let me talk with our internal teams and investigate this further as soon as we have more information, we will update the thread.

Ricardo.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kanek,

In regards to your questions,

The Intel Unite® Enterprise Server resides on the corporate network, as long as the Server can have communication from each office it should enable communication.

For home access to Intel Unite® a VPN would be the solution.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Ricardo,
0 Kudos
KKM1
Beginner

thank you!

Intel Unite supports max 4 clients screen per display, if more than 4, what can be done?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kanek,

Intel Unite® supports up to 4 presenters.

If you need to connect another client to present or share screen, you will need to disconnect one of the 4 clients already presenting / sharing.

Regards

Ricardo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kanek,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Communities Support.

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance?

Do not hesitate and contact us back.

Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos