Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Guest Mode No Internet?

DAlto1
Beginner

Greetings,

We are in the process of setting up Unite in an enterprise environment. Our desire was to allow Guest mode for visitors presenting in our facilities. It appears that it requires the guest to connect to an ad-hoc WiFi network provided by the Unite box itself, meaning that the user is no longer connected to our Guest Internet connection. So, it appears that displaying in our conference rooms and having Internet connectivity are mutually-exclusive for guests. Do I have the correct understanding, or am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Dwayne.Alton,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

Just to confirm, you want to allow guest users to present using the Intel® Unite app enterprise.

To do this, you need the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/software/000022053.html Plugin for Protected Guest Access for the Intel Unite® app.

For more information on deployment and plugins, you can review the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/software/software-applications/000008523.html Enterprise Deployment Guide for the Intel Unite® app.

Let me know how it goes or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
DAlto1
Beginner

Hi Juan,

We already have the plugin installed. However, because the guests are connecting to the ad hoc network created by the Intel Unite Hub, they no longer have Internet access. Is this the normal behavior?

Dwayne

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dwayne.Alton,

This is an expected behavior, since the guest devices are being connected to the network created by the Intel® Unite Hub, the devices cannot connect to two different networks at the same time, they abandon the guest network with Internet access to be able to connect to the Intel® Unite Hub.

On the other hand, if the guest devices are connected to the enterprise network (not guest network) where the Intel® Unite app was deployed, you should have Internet access.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dwayne.Alton,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos