Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Having problems deploying Intel Unite.

PQ000
Beginner

Hello, I'm deploying an Intel Unite solution, and am having trouble uploading the cab files. It errors out whenever we attempt to upload them. There is no useful error message, or log that I can find, so I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. What is the version of Intel Unite® installed in the systems (server HUB client)? Provide me with the download for the plugins that are presenting these behavior. Provide me with the steps that you are taken to upload the cab files and screenshots of the behavior that you are facing. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PQ000
Beginner

Leo,

We downloaded the most recent installer, I believe the version is 4.0.991.43_A00. The HUB and Client should both also be 4.0 as well

We downloaded the CAB files from here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=X8NPN

We followed the cryptic instructions in the documentation located here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_4_Solution_Deployment.pdf

We opened the "Device Management" Tab

Clicked on "Upload Package"

we would get the error "Internal error has ocurred" in the upper right hand corner as shown in the screenshot.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 Thank you for the details on the behavior, i am going to send you an e-mail to request personal information to continue with the assistance on the case. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 I am going to sent you an e-mail with the Intel Unite® App Plug-Ins for you to test the upload of the cab files. Let me know the outcome. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 I would like to confirm with you if the . CAB that you need to upload are the manifest .CAB files that are part of the Intel Unite® App installation package? In case those are the files that you need to upload I am going to sent you an e-mail with the package to download it and test the manifest .CAB files. Upload the manifest .CAB files on the admin web portal following these steps: 1- Access the admin web portal. 2- Go to features and apps. 3- Upload CAB files. 4- Located on Intel Unite 4.0 PV 4.0.991.43.zip\Intel Unite Build 4.0.991.43\Manifests 5- Upload all the CAB files on the manifest folder. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PQ000
Beginner

I still have the same problem following your instructions. I just wish it would tell me where it's failing.

0 Kudos
PQ000
Beginner

Where does it upload these files? SQL? Local file? maybe something doesn't have access, or wasn't created upon installation. Does there need to be a specific firewall rule to allow these to be uploaded?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 The CAB files should be located on the IIS; in order to have a full picture of the behavior can you provide me with a video with the process that you are taken to upload the .CAB files. Are you accessing the admin web portal from the server, the HUB or a client? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PQ000
Beginner

I don't have the ability to create a video of this at this time, I apologize, I'll try to go to as great of detail as I can. I'm trying to upload these from the server. I'll navigate to https://localhost/intelunite/admin/ login as admin, and then press "Device Management", then "Features/Apps" That brings me to https://localhost/intelunite/admin/modules. I'll press "Upload Package", which opens a file window, I'll navigate to the files (from the download you provided), that are stored locally on the server. When I try to upload them, I'll get the error specified above that says "An Internal error has occurred."

I can try try to do this on my local computer using the DNS name, (ex. unite.domian.com) and I get the same error. For whatever reason when I try that on the server, it auto directs to https://unite.domain.com/intelunite/admin/devices and gives me a 404 error so I'm left with using localhost.

This leaves me with a few questions

1. What could possibly be going wrong for this to happen
  2. where does it try to upload these files
0 Kudos
PQ000
Beginner

So I got a different error for about a half second or so, I was messing around with a few things, didn't really change anything, but I noticed for about a half second it says "one or more parameters is missing" when attempting to upload.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 Are you completing the upload of the files from the Intel Unite® unzip folder? Can you go to the server management then select logs on the admin web portal and check if there is an error reported? If you find an error please share a picture of the findings. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PQ000
Beginner

logs.PNGNo, I am not completing the upload of the files, the moment I specify the cab file to upload, it fails immediately. There are no logs located where you specified.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 • What I meant was if you unzip the Intel Unite® package prior to try to upload the .CAB files? • Please provide me with the information requested on the file attach. Please provide me with the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* form the server, HUB and local computer used to try to upload the .CAB files, you can follow these steps to get the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report: 1- Download the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility). 2- Run the utility. 3- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 4- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 5- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 6- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello PQ000 

File to fill up.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 Have you collected the information and reports requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PQ000
Beginner

So I'm not going to run the support utility, and especially won't upload it here. I can tell you that this server was built to the specifications listed in the documentation here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_4_Solution_Deployment.pdf

This issue happens always, whenever we upload a .cab file we get met with the error "An internal error has occurred" as shown in the screenshot in the original post. Unfortunately I'm unable to troubleshoot further because there aren't any logs, or other helpful information. The server version we're using is 4.0.991.43, we haven't upgraded the hubs yet, because we can't add any configurations.

0 Kudos
PQ000
Beginner

I did notice where the files are being uploaded to. c:\intel\tempmanifests. It creates a .bson file, but it doesn't show up in the "Package Approva" tab.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQ000 Thank you for your response in order to have the details requested you can reply to the e-mail sent previously with the attachments requested. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PQuil1
Beginner

Hi, Leo, this is the same person as the original poster. After speaking with another person from Intel customer support, I found out the issue had to do with a security policy we had enabled. by disabling the policy: System Cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing I was able to upload the .cab files.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PQuil1 I am glad to know that you have been able to complete the upload of the .CAB files. If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos