Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IDepa15
Beginner

Hub Server Error when hub starts running before there is a network connection

Our office has a pretty slow DHCP server so it takes around 30 sec. after the hub is powered on before there is a network connection. So the Intel Unite hub software actually starts running before there is a network connection. The Hub fails with "Server Error Unable to establish a connection with the server" and never tries to reconnect.

I am running v4 of the hub software with the hosted service.

Is there a workaround for this? Why doesn't it try to reconnect?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello IDepa15,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Intel Unite® App requires a good functioning network in order to function properly. If the network is not healthy, then this may impact the functionality of the components of Intel Unite®. We recommend making sure that the communication between the different devices and/or components under the domain is actually happening (ping).

We also recommend that you contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or network consultant to make sure your environment meets the requirements to run Intel Unite®.

Regards,

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

IDepa15
Beginner

I do have a good network connection. That is not the problem. The problem is that the connection is not ready when the hub service starts and I would have thought that the hub software would have waited for the network connection or at least retried the connection. It just dies and never tries to recover. This software is supposed to run in an unattended conference room.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello IDepa15,

Thank you for your response.

What we can do in this scenario is document your feedback. However, based on the description of the problem, it seems that the issue is being caused by your environment (DHCP server, etc.)

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel