Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Hub installer for Optiplex 7070 + No option for 'Small Business' during installation

mvladin
Novice

Hi, I have an Optiplex 7070 MFF. It is domain joined on our LAN. I want to install the Intel Unite Hub on this PC in the boardroom. I do not want to install it in Enterprise mode (I don't want to install the Intel Hub Server). I want to install it in standalone (Small Business) mode.

I have 2 problems. Firstly I can't find the official installer for the 7070 on the Dell website. Secondly when I use the 4.0.4173 Hub installer I am not given the option to install it in 'Small Business' mode. It just goes through the installation without asking. At the end of the installation when I open the Intel Unite app on the Optiplex 7070 it says 'Stored Key Missing. 0x0053B - The required key to run Intel Unite App is missing. Please go to the Admin Portal to restore key'.

I'm not familiar with Intel Unite but as far as I understand it, it suggests that the installer has installed the hub in enterprise mode so it expects to find the server install. How can I just get it setup in standalone mode. I have been struggling with this for weeks.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mvladin,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

One of the differences between Intel Unite® 4.x and other versions is that the former does not support the Intel Unite® Small Business version. This is also the main reason why you are receiving error messages after using the hub installer. 

If you have any further questions, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
mvladin
Novice

Ok, thanks. Can you tell me where I can download the version 3 installer for the Optiplex 7070. Dell do not seem to have an applicable version on their site although the 7070 does support Intel Unite.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mvladin,

Thank you for your response.

To better assist you, we will send you the information requested to the email address associated with your profile.

Please let us know if you receive it.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mvladin,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
mvladin
Novice
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello mvladin,

Thank you for letting us know that everything is up and running now.

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos