Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IDepa15
Beginner

Installing Andoid 4.x client using cloud service

Are there any instructions on installing a the Intel Unite 4.x client on android using the Intel cloud service? I installed on my android and under configuration there is an Enterprise Service Public Key and that is all. Where would I get this key?

All it says when I run the client is Unable to connect to server. Please contact your IT department.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello IDepa15,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In the following links, you may find Installation and User Guides for Intel Unite®, including requirements, installation, and configuration steps:

Deployment Guide for the Intel Unite® Cloud Service

User Guide for the Intel Unite® app

Before a client can be used, it must be registered with the same organization that the hub is paired with through the admin portal. Please refer to the Deployment Guide for the Intel® Unite® Cloud Service, section 4.12.9 Client Registration for more information and steps.

Please let us know if there are additional inquiries.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

IDepa15
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. It seems like the only way to get an android client to register is to use the DNS TXT record. If I take the URL "intelunite4://localhost/register?serverUrl=https://unite-prod-us-east-1.uniteprd.adsdcsp.com/IntelUnite/api&orgId=xxxxx&orgName=xxxx" and put that in my chrome browser it just returns search results.

I am having all kinds of problems getting the DNS TXT record to work correctly. I even tried it with my hub and windows 10 clients. If I do an ipconfig /all I can see that my primary dns suffix is set correctly because I am joined to an active directory domain. When I run the client in debug mode I can see that it does not even recognize my dns suffix. I needed to actually go to my ethernet network adapter and manually set my dns suffix. Once I did this it started to work on my windows 10 client and hub.

There is no way to do this on an android as far as I can tell so I'm not sure how to make this work. I have tried a bunch of things and still can't get it to work on the android.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello IDepa15,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please confirm if clicking the provisioning link from the Android device works?

1- Sign in to the Intel Unite® Cloud Service (admin portal) on the Android client.

2- Select the organization that this client device belongs to.

3- Click Device Management and select Provision Device to open the Provision Device Page.

4- Click the link displayed on the Provision page.

Also, could you please confirm the following to look into the behavior?

a- Intel Unite® Android client app version:

b- Android client devices model and OS version:

Andrew G.

IDepa15
Beginner

When you email the provisioning link it is not possible to click on this link because it is not recognized as link because it does not start with http or https. So I copy the link from the email and paste it into chrome and all I get is search results like I entered a google search term.

The app was just downloaded from the play store version 4.0.7. I have tried this on device with different versions of android. All have the same results. I tried this on a moto 5g and samsung galaxy tab a.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello IDepa15,

Thank you for your response.

Please allow me to look into the behavior described. As soon as I have more details I will be posting back on this thread.

Andrew G.

IDepa15
Beginner

Any update on this?

AndrewG_Intel

Hello IDepa15,

We are still working on this issue and we will be updating this thread as soon as we have any information.

Regards,

Andrew G.