Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Memory and Storage Tool cannot read my NUC8i7HVK or its storage.

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

FYI, this is posted in a random forum section in software since Intel does not provide a suitable section to support applications such as DSA, XTU and MST. Please create a section to support these Intel applications.

I reinstalled my NUC8i7HVK from scratch this week and as usual I installed DSA, it recommended the Intel Memory and Storage Tool.

When run MST it displays no storage and only XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

In the past Intel's SSD Toolbox app not only had no issues with this system, it could even read and upgrade the firmware on my 2 800P SSDs even though they are in RAID 0, this was actually very impressive to me.

How is it that Intel went from being able deal with 2 Intel 800P SSDs in RIAD 0 to not even being able to see the storage at all? Also why have a clearly superior Intel product been pulled (the SSD Toolbox) and replaced with something that clearly was not even tested on Intel's own hardware?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

BHarr8, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, if what you are trying to do is to manage or monitor the RAID configuration then what you need to install is the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, you can always download it from the following site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28220/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-RAID-for-Windows-10-64-bit-for-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK

Additionally, you mentioned "Intel product been pulled (the SSD Toolbox)", actually, the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool is the successor of the Intel® SSD Toolbox application, it has the same features and functions as the previous application had for you to read and/or upgrade the firmware on the Intel® SSDs. 

You said, "When run MST it displays no storage and only XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", the reason for that is that there could be a problem installing the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool from the Intel® Driver Support Assistant, we are going to look into that, but in the meantime try to download it manually from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30058/Intel-Memory-and-Storage-Tool-GUI-?wapkw=MAS

Any questions,m please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I am aware of all of that and prior to switching to this new application I had 0 issues.

I am not seeking support.

I am reporting a bug.

You know, this is maybe the 5th or 6th time I have attempted to report a bug in a various piece of Intel software only to be met with "its not broken, your system is screwed up, try this instead."

Intel engineers can install 2 800P drives in RAID 0 a NUC8i7HVK and then run Intel Memory and Storage Tool to repro this bug, or not, ball is in your court.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

BHarr8, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience. For Intel® is very important the feedback and reports from all of our customers, so, I will send your comments to the proper department for them to be aware of this situation and about your observations.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

This problem has been corrected. 

Intel memory and storage tool version 2.1 reads Optane RAID correctly.

0 Kudos