Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unit 4.x - Present Button Grayed Out

DOgle1
Beginner

Hello. We are using Intel Unite 4.x and it appears that on occasion when users connect to the HUB and click on the Present button nothing happens and the button grays out. I do notice multiple instances of the same users in the Participants tab in the Unite client.

Attached is a picture of an example of the Present button grayed out.

Environment Versions

Version: 4.0.4173.30

Intel Unite® Solution Hub - 4.0.4173.300

Intel Unite® Client Version - 4.0.4173.300

Both the Hub Configuration and Client Configurations have the Screen Sharing Module and are both the same version.

Any advice on what could be causing that?

Thank you!

Dave O.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DOgle1,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

This could be related to the Moderator Mode Property.

Go to Device Management > Configurations > Hub configuration > and check if the Moderator Mode is set to 0.

For more information, please refer to the following sections on the Intel Unite® 4 Deployment Guide:

• 7.3.1.1.3.3 Hub Group Properties > Intel Unite® Solution Hub Properties (Pag 71-72)

• 7.5.2.4 Moderated Sessions 

0-No Moderation—Default mode. No moderators are in the meeting/session and all participants have equal rights to view and present.

1-Self Promote—The meeting/session is not moderated until someone promotes themselves to be the moderator. The moderator designates who presents during the session and have the ability to promote other participants to be moderators. Note: Becoming a moderator during the meeting does not result in the user being added to the moderator whitelist.

2-Strict— The meeting/session is moderated only by the users that are on the moderator whitelist. When the moderator joins the session, they are automatically promoted to the moderator role. A participant can request to become a moderator, which results in an e-mail to the administrator, who can add the participant to the moderator whitelist from the Admin Portal.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DOgle1
Beginner

Hi Wanner. Thanks for the response!

I just checked the moderation mode setting in the hub configuration and it is set to 0 which is what I think we want. Any other thoughts on what could cause the Present button to grey out?

One other note on this issue - when the Present button is grayed out users are unable to use the "End Session" button which I thought would have resolved the problem at the time it is happening. The other thing I noticed is that when the present button is grayed out after I join a session I dont see participants - and I should be able to see myself.

Thanks,

Dave O.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DOgle1,

• Does the issue persist if the Wi-Fi signal is strong?
  • Does this issue happen on Windows* and/or Mac client devices?
  • Is Active Directory configured/installed in your environment?\

• Please include the following log files:

*The Server saves the files at the following location: C:\Users\IntelUniteWebApiPool\AppData\LocalTemp

The names of the files are IntelUniteServerLog.txt, IntelUniteTransactionLog.txt, and UniteServerLog.txt

*The Client and Hub log files are created by default and are called Unite.sql.

It is located in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp folder.

*This file is a SQLite database, and it can be opened with any SQL Client but the DB Browser for SQLite is recommended.

Find all data generated by the application on the table, Logging

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DOgle1
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

• Does the issue persist if the Wi-Fi signal is strong?
    • Our machines are hardwired and the particular machine that I pulled the logs from has the wifi adapter disabled
  • Does this issue happen on Windows* and/or Mac client devices?
    • Both
  • Is Active Directory configured/installed in your environment?\
    • Yes

Please see attached logs that we pulled from the Server, HUB and Client.

Thank you very much for the help!

Dave O.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello DOgle1

Thank you for the details allow me to investigate the behavior that you are having, I will be posting back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DOgle1,

We will send you an email to the email address associated with your profile to provide troubleshooting based on your environment. 

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DOgle1,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DOgle1
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

We updated the hub and client configuration files but haven't updated the PIN server. I still see the Present button grayed out on occasion.

Thanks,

Dave Ogle

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DOgle1,

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if the issue persists after updating the Server.

It is worth mentioning that it is necessary to upload and configure the .cab files.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DOgle1,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DOgle1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos