I'm having issues with the mac client. When I launch the client it opens in the dock, but no window ever appears, if I click on anything in the menu bar, it crashes immediately.
I've attempted to re-install, I've tried deleting every component (by going to /Library) related.
I haven't been able to find where (or if) the logging is located, and the enable logging option I'm used to is within the menu I can't access.
Anyone else experiencing the crashing of the mac client? Or Any idea where I can look for more logs?
Apologies I was doing some further testing before getting back,
I'm currently running on 10.13.6 High Siera, I've tested from two separate systems with the same results. I've installed the client based on the guide, the App store does not currently have 4.0 available only 3.2, and the other method (CommandLine or Manual) results in the behavior I've described. Checking the Mac Console during launch results in these errors, and if I interact with the menu, or wait, it crashes. I'm not clear if there are logs being saved elsewhere, and I can't get it to run in debug mode to get the logs from the client itself. I've attached a few screenshots for reference.
If you have detailed instructions on how to remove the older version I'd be happy to test and get back to you.
I rebooted, removed the application from the applications folder, then followed your instructions (including rebooting after), and still the same result. I then repeated the whole process over to ensure consistency, and still the same result.
The application shows in the dock for a few seconds, sometimes 30, and closed shortly after without ever opening a window.
Throwing this out there as well, the software is working flawlessly in the same environment with my windows computers, which leads me to believe that the cert, dns txt, and server are all setup properly.
Please let me know what you'd like to try next.
Problem description: As I've described in the posts above, when launching the Intel Unite 4.0 Client install from MacOS 12.13.6 it crashes, the application appears to open in the dock, however it disappears after around 30 seconds. Interacting with the application in any way causes it to crash sooner.
Frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always): Always, the 4.0 version of the client has never launched on the MacOS
Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screenshots): Launch the 4.0 version of the application from MacOS 10.13.6 (keep in mind I've tried this from two separate MacBook's, one had the previous version of the application, the second did not)
Attempted workaround (settings changes, etc.): I've attempted to delete & reinstall the product on both workstations, multiple times. I have tried removing each com entry in /Libirary and /User/Library/. I have also tried following previous instructions to "1. Within the Terminal (/Applications/Utilities), enter the following command: defaults delete com.intel.Intel-Unite" and "2. From the Finder, delete the ~/Library/Preferences/com.intel.Intel-Unite.plist file, and then restart the system.". I followed those instructions twice on both machines, rebooting at each step. All of my testing has resulted in the same experience
Environment (office, enterprise, school, hospital, factory, home): Enterprise Environment, total of around 200 clients with around 10 Hubs, 100 Windows machines, 100 Mac machines.
HUB/Client computer details
HUB manufacturer(s): Dell
HUB model(s) and SKU: Optiplex 7050 Micro Form Factor
Client model(s): The affected models are Apple TouchBar MacBook Pro's
Intel Unite® Client version: 4.0
Intel Unite® HUB version: 4.0
The hub shouldn't matter to my knowledge as I don't get to the point of being able to enter a code for any of the hubs.
I've attached a short video of the user experience.
I discovered by accident that if I launch the app with no internet connection or on another network, then it launches and brings me to a welcome screen. Once it's launched, I can turn it back on or switch back to my internal network, and proceed to connect to the hub without issue. If I close and re-launch however, I end up in the same boat as previously mentioned. I'm attaching another video demonstrating what I am talking about.
Just checking in for an update, I'm hoping there is more information or progress that I can report to my manager. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help move this forward.