Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChen187
Beginner

Intel Unite 4.0 server installation

Hello, I have a similar problem with thread 130004, but the thread is moved or does not exist anymore.

I got an error from console of chrome in app.js. please see the below picture.

login failed.png

Then I try to run the hub app to get a pincode, and got the error code 0x0053B.

The unite 3.0​ is working fine on my server. Maybe I miss some server or database setting?

Thanks for any suggestion.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
CChen187
Beginner

No one can give some suggestion? If I want to upgrade Unite from 3.X to 4.0, ​what changes I need to do?

I compare the document "Intel_Unite_4_Solution_Deployment.pdf" & "Unite%203.0%20Enterprise%20Deployment.pdf"

I follow the step 4.2.2, 4.2.4, 4.5 in "Intel_Unite_4_Solution_Deployment.pdf". I think the other steps are done when I install the Unite 3.1.

When I login into Admin portal, the "app.js" post something to url "https://intelunitedemo.com/intelunite/api/1.0/users/auth-tokens"

and get the response "{"error":"unsupported_grant_type"}". How do I fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. In order to address this issue, please provide the following information: A. Microsoft Msinfo* I also sent you a private message to request personal information to continue working on this issue. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, Thank you for your response. Also, please attach the following reports: A. Microsoft Msinfo* B. Log file: Run these commands. "intel unite launcher.exe" /debug >log_output.txt Is there an alternative method? Create a folder on c:\ drive so the log can be kept in storage. C:\UniteLogs\ Add the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Intel\Unite\ LogFile (String) Specify the file path as well as the name for your log files on the string value: C:\UniteLogs\logs.txt Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, We are still investigating the issues reported. Please provide the following information: Is this problem related to the Database? Did you upgrade Intel Unite® from 3.x to 4.x? Did you create a new database? Are you using the same database created on 3.x? I also sent you a private message to discuss information related to the configuration of Intel Unite®. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
CChen187
Beginner

Hello,

I am not sure is there any problem with my unite database, but

I can find the unite_server & UniteServer database in my sql server 2014.

I install the Unite 3.3 & 4.0 in my Windows server 2012 at the same time.

The Unite 3.3 works normally in the same environment.unite database.png

Sorry for the sql server 2014 in Chinese. I can reinstall the sql server in English, if needed.

Thank You.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, Thank you for your response. The picture shows that there are two instances of the SQL database. In order to install Intel Unite® 4.x, 3.x has to be completely removed (SQL and Intel Unite®). When installing Intel Unite® 4.x, it means that you have to start from scratch. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
CChen187
Beginner

Hello, I install a whole new windows server 2012, then install the sql server 2014 and other installation and configures according to the document in the attach. At last, I follow this document " https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite... " to install the IIS Url Rewrite and set the DNS txt record. This time, I only install the Unite 4.0.991.43, but I still get the same error in the chrome console. [image: unite only 4.0.png] Is there any other things could cause this problem? Please let me know if you needs any other clues. Thank you. Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> 於 2019年1月12日 週六 上午4:33寫道:
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, The error you are receiving is most likely caused by the Microsoft* SQL configuration. Please open SQL Management Studio and connect to the SQL server. Expand Databases on the left side pane. Make sure unite_server is listed. Then, attach a picture showing the new configuration. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
CChen187
Beginner

Hello, the picture below is unite_server database in the mssql server in Chinese. [image: mssql in chinese.png] I think you may not understand Chinese, So I install the mssql in English. [image: mssql in english.png] After I install the mssql server in English, I can not install Unite 4.0 normally. The installation progress will end in "Executing sql string" step. I also try to use mysql database. [image: mysql unite_server.png] The unite_server is in the database list, but I still get the same error from chrome console. Hope these information is helpful. Thank you for any suggestion. Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> 於 2019年1月16日 週三 上午9:28寫道:
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, 

When the server application needs to be uninstalled, the unite_server database needs to be deleted.

Intel Unite® app version 4.x Deployment Guide

4.7 Enterprise Server Software uninstallation. 

If the unite_server database was not deleted prior to uninstalling the server application, try performing this step. If the issue persists, we would like to have the following information.

A. Screenshots (the files attached in the latest posts are not showing).

Navigate to "More tools" > Developer tools and select the "Network" tab (screenshot)

1. Once you get to the console, choose the Network tab.

2. It should be enabled by default.

3. Click on the errors flagged and take a picture of the error you are receiving. If possible, please copy the error details on a .txt file and attach it, too. 

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Unite.JPG

CChen187
Beginner

Hello, the error detail error info is in the attach. Before I reinstall the Unite 4.0.991.43, sometimes I reinstall the whole mssql server. Then I still get the same error. Need I delete the unite_server database, even if I reinstall the whole mssql? Thank you. Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> 於 2019年1月17日 週四 上午12:57寫道:
CChen187
Beginner

Sorry to bother you again. I am afraid you do not receive the file in the attach, so I paste the error details from browser below. Thank you. Server Error in '/IntelUnite/Api' Application. �⊥�訫�峕�鞉�閬�瘙�����滢�栶���𤓖�血�����𦯀縑隞餅�滩�賢�娍晷嚗䔶�𠉛𤌍��滨�雿輻鍂��撣單�敹����身摰𡁶�箏��閮勗�娍晷�� Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: �⊥�訫�峕�鞉�閬�瘙�����滢�栶���𤓖�血�����𦯀縑隞餅�滩�賢�娍晷嚗䔶�𠉛𤌍��滨�雿輻鍂��撣單�敹����身摰𡁶�箏��閮勗�娍晷�� Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [CryptographicException: �⊥�訫�峕�鞉�閬�瘙�����滢�栶���𤓖�血�����𦯀縑隞餅�滩�賢�娍晷嚗䔶�𠉛𤌍��滨�雿輻鍂��撣單�敹����身摰𡁶�箏��閮勗�娍晷�� ] System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Protect(Byte[] userData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope) +504 System.Security.Cryptography.DpapiDataProtector.ProviderProtect(Byte[] userData) +66 Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.Owin.<GenerateAsync>d__0.MoveNext() +1255 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() +49 Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.CultureAwaiter`1.GetResult() +109 Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.<GenerateUserTokenAsync>d__fe.MoveNext() +1024 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 Intel.Unite.Server.BL.<GeneratePasswordResetTokenAsync>d__20.MoveNext() in C:\BuildAgent\work\2e3c0946ed7fd99\Unite.Server\Intel.Unite.Server.BL\AuthService.cs:343 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() +49 Intel.Unite.Server.BL.Providers.<AppAuth>d__4.MoveNext() in C:\BuildAgent\work\2e3c0946ed7fd99\Unite.Server\Intel.Unite.Server.BL\Providers\AuthorizationServerP...:97 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 Intel.Unite.Server.BL.Providers.<GrantResourceOwnerCredentials>d__3.MoveNext() in C:\BuildAgent\work\2e3c0946ed7fd99\Unite.Server\Intel.Unite.Server.BL\Providers\AuthorizationServerP...:48 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 Microsoft.Owin.Security.OAuth.<InvokeTokenEndpointResourceOwnerPasswordCredentialsGrantAsync>d__3f.MoveNext() +916 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() +49 Microsoft.Owin.Security.OAuth.<InvokeTokenEndpointAsync>d__22.MoveNext() +2812 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 Microsoft.Owin.Security.OAuth.<InvokeAsync>d__0.MoveNext() +1508 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 Microsoft.Owin.Security.Infrastructure.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext() +804 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 Microsoft.Owin.Cors.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext() +1156 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.<RunApp>d__5.MoveNext() +291 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144 System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84 Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.<DoFinalWork>d__2.MoveNext() +293 System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() +32 Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContext.EndFinalWork(IAsyncResult ar) +208 System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +434 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34209 程睿民 <crazyfan438@gmail.com> 於 2019年1月17日 週四 上午10:46寫道:
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, Thank you for the information provided. **Need I delete the unite_server database, even if I reinstall the whole mssql? If the unite_server database is still showing after reinstalling the server application, then it means that you have to delete the unite_server database as described on the Intel Unite® app version 4.x Deployment Guide and perform the installation of the server application and Intel Unite® 4.x from scratch. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
CChen187
Beginner

Thank you for your response. I will make sure that the unite_server database is not in the mssql server, when I install the Unite 4.0 server next time. Now I have no idea what can I do about the unite server deployment. I capture the screenshots for every step of the mssql and unite 4.0 server installation. The mssql version and installation setting in English are the same with in Chinese. All the images are in the attach. Please let me know if you do not receive the images. By the way, please let me know if you have any finding from the error details I send to you last time. Thank you. Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> 於 2019年1月18日 週五 上午7:31寫道:
CChen187
Beginner

Hello, I would like to add that I am sure that the unite_server database is not in the database list of mssql server this time. You can see the image "mssql installation 11.png" in the attachment. Thank you. 程睿民 <crazyfan438@gmail.com> 於 2019年1月18日 週五 下午1:11寫道:
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, Thank you for your response. We will do research about this error message. If more information is needed, we will get back to you as soon as possible. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
CChen187
Beginner

Hello, I am sorry to bother you. Do you have any update on this issue? Thank you for your kind assistance. Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> 於 2019年1月19日 週六 上午8:22寫道:
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, We received the files requested via email. We will review the information contained on these files and get back to you as soon as we have any update about it. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, I sent you a private message to discuss personal information about two support tickets we have been working on. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CChen187, Were you able to review the information we sent to you via private message? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation