Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unite App crashes after Windows 1903 update

JGarc101
Beginner

My computer was recently imaged to Windows 10 Ver. 1903 . All the latest updates were also applied via the built in Windows Updates.

The application, upon launch prompts for a pin, after providing the pin it simply closes it. Wondering if this has been addressed.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JGarc101,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

We are still working on this issue. Try uninstalling the following KBs to restore the functionality of Intel Unite® App.

KB4511555

KB4506991

KB4514359

Also, please provide the Intel Unite® App version installed on your environment (Server, Hub, Client)

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JGarc101,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided? 

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JGarc101
Beginner
Hi WannerG I still have the same issue I cannot connect at all. We have a mixed team of trainers and we noticed that people who are on Windows version 1803 are totally fine and people who updated to 1903 are having these issues appear after updates take place. below is a list of KB updates currently installed on my machine, I also noticed the three KB files you previously shared are not on this list. [cid:image001.jpg@01D58F0B.A1D2B2D0] [cid:image005.png@01D58F0B.A1B7D7D0] [cid:image002.jpg@01D58F0B.A1D2B2D0]
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JGarc101,

Thank you for your response.

To better assist you, we would like to have the following information and log files.

HUB/Client computer details

• HUB manufacturer(s):
  • HUB model(s) and SKU:
  • Client model(s):
  • Intel Unite® Client version:
  • Intel Unite® HUB version:
  • Intel Unite® Server version:

Log files:

Intel Unite® logs are the debug files the software automatically generates with the errors and interactions the devices that are running this application generate. 

The Server saves the files at the following location: C:\Users\IntelUniteWebApiPool\AppData\LocalTemp

Files name are IntelUniteServerLog.txt, IntelUniteTransactionLog.txt, and UniteServerLog.txt

The Client and Hub logs are created by default and are called Unite.sql.

This file is located on C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp

This file is a SQLite database, and it can be opened with any SQL Client but the DB Browser for SQLite is recommended.

Find all data generated by the application on the table, Logging.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JGarc101
Beginner
This is some of the information you requested The Client, Hub and Server are all on the same version: 4.0.4173.300. For the HUB info: Manufacturer: Dell Model: Optiplex 7060 SKU: Not sure Client Model on my pc: 4.1.413.43 I hope this helps [cid:image003.jpg@01D58FE7.AA47FEC0]
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JGarc101,

Thank you for your response.

We launched Intel Unite® in-house, and we did not experience the problem reported on this thread. To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your environment to understand the reason why your setup crashes after installing Windows* 10 1903. 

Recommendations

1. Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread. This will generate the SKU and other useful details.

Intel® SSU Download link

Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

2. Please attach the log files requested since they will allow us to debug your system.

Note: If you would rather not attach the log files to this thread, we can provide you with other options.

Regards,

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JGarc101
Beginner
Hi WannerG Another member of our team has been working close with Intel Unite Developers and the developer provided that team member an update to the hub and Intel Admin console. It seems that the issue has been resolved. As I am able to connect flawlessly. Thank you for your support [cid:image001.jpg@01D5909A.8219F440]
0 Kudos
MHarv11
Beginner

I have the same exact issue and version numbers. My 1903 and 1909 clients all crash out, but the 1803/1809 clients for perfectly fine. What was the fix?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JGarc101,

Thank you for the update.

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos