Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unite App crashing on Mac OS

mvladin
Novice

Hi, the Intel Unite app appears to crash on Mac OS 10.14.6 - I have tried 4.0.4 and 4.0.3 - initially it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute for the keypad to open on screen, but then crashes if you try to go to preferences etc. Any ideas what might be happening? Is this a known bug? Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello mvladin

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to have a better understanding of the environment, could you please confirm the following information?

1- Is the issue reproduced if the keypad function is disabled on Mac OS devices?

2- For testing purposes, if you enable a keypad on a non-Mac OS devices (for instance, Windows*), does the issue occurs?

3- Please provide Mac OS devices models.

4- Please provide details regarding the full setup (HUB-Server device brand and model) and the exact Intel Unite® App versions for Server, HUB, and clients:

5- If possible, share some screenshots showing the error behavior.

To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
mvladin
Novice

Thanks, how can I disable the keypad function.

Mac OS is 10.14.6 - the Intel Unite App was downgraded to 4.0.3 as 4.0.4 didn’t open at all. The app also prompts for a 6 digit pin and not an 8 digit pin (our system needs an 8 digit pin)

The app works fine on Windows 10 and screen share etc all works.

We have the Intel Hub version 3 running in small business mode (not enterprise). It is running on a Dell Optiplex 7070 running Windows 10 Pro, domain joined.

0 Kudos
mvladin
Novice

Please could you help with the questions above? Thanks

0 Kudos
mvladin
Novice

Update... it turns out the Intel Unite app is crashing on multiple Macs - so it looks like a software issue, not restricted to one computer/installation.

Here is a rundown of what happens in the words of one of the users...

'App appears to load normally but takes a very long time – a minute or so to get to the screen. I can enter a code, but it’s only a six digit code. I can click on the cog wheel to get to preferences, but there is no option to choose the small business version. And if I click on preferences in the menu bar (from the Intel Unite menu) it crashes.'

This means that the Intel Unite is currently only working for Windows users at the company. We have a growing number of Mac users who simply can not use Intel Unite because the app is crashing on their laptops.

Any ideas? Thanks