Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unite Client 3.3.2 breaks the Edge Browser on 1803

GAver
Beginner

When my laptop and desktop upgraded from Windows 10 x64 1709 to 1803, both systems had the same problem, the Edge Browser would open, become immediately unresponsive, display nothing and then some minutes later crash and exit.

I checked other users within the office and no-one else had this problem. In fact 1803 fixed many Edge problems that others users had experienced since the very first release of Windows 10!

I tried every known remedy to fix Edge (there are lots!) but without success. So I decided to do a clean install of 1803 on both devices. I was pleased to find that Edge worked fine after a clean install. As we are currently testing Intel Unite I was the only user that the client installed on my systems. So I reinstalled it today and then immediately noticed that Edge stopped working and I was back to exactly the same problem that I had before doing the reinstall. I uninstalled the Unite client and Edge started working again.

So very pleased to identify the problem and fix it relatively easily - but given that all our systems are now updating to 1803, its going to make the adoption of Intel Unite somewhat tricky!

I suspect many people will blame this issue onMicrosoft and Edge, due to a long history of similar problems with Edge, so users may be slow to make this connection and report it correctly.

I know its early days for 1803 but are the Unite team aware of this? Is there a workaround? Worst case - how long before we might expect a fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello guy_avery

I understand that you are experiencing issues between our Intel Unite® app and (Edge Browser)

Please go ahead and try the following:

- Use the control panel to remove the Intel Unite client

-Re-install the Intel Unite client using the following command lines:

Small Business

msiexec /i "File path of the installer goes here " INSTALLTYPE="StandAlone" SKIP_EXTENDED_DISPLAY=1 /qn

Enterprise

msiexec /i "File path of the installer goes here" INSTALLTYPE="Enterprise" SKIP_EXTENDED_DISPLAY=1 /qn

Please type the one that belongs to your system.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello guy_avery

I understand that you are experiencing issues between our Intel Unite® app and (Edge Browser)

Please go ahead and try the following:

- Use the control panel to remove the Intel Unite client

-Re-install the Intel Unite client using the following command lines:

Small Business

msiexec /i "File path of the installer goes here " INSTALLTYPE="StandAlone" SKIP_EXTENDED_DISPLAY=1 /qn

Enterprise

msiexec /i "File path of the installer goes here" INSTALLTYPE="Enterprise" SKIP_EXTENDED_DISPLAY=1 /qn

Please type the one that belongs to your system.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
GAver
Beginner

Hi Diego - thanks for the quick response.

This did indeed work - thank you for the suggestion!

So it looks as if this driver is causing a problem with Edge. Is there another work around where we can keep the Extended Driver installed? For example disabling the hardware acceleration in Edge or something similar?

The option to use the extended driver is very useful.

Many thanks,

Guy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello guy_avery,

Thank you for your response.

I am sending your inquiry to our Intel Unite® team.

This may cause a brief delay between our answers; however I will reach you back as soon as we have an answer.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello guy_avery,

Thank you for your patience.

We just released a new driver that contains fixes for bugs that were reported on these past days.

This updated driver resolves some graphics issues that might be caused by the extended display driver installed with the Intel Unite® client application, including the conflict with Microsoft Edge* browser.

Feel free to launch the file showed on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27800/Intel-Unite-App-Extended-Display-Driver

Test it out and please let us know the outcome.

Best Regards,

Diego S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello guy_avery ,

We just wanted to double check if you need further help.

Please do not hesitate on replying back if you need more assistance.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos