Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unite Issues with Logitech Plugin and Sound controls

RWild1
Beginner

Hi there,

we have just started to test the Intel Unite hub in our enterprise environment and so far it works pretty well. We are planning on installing a few of these devices in our infrastucture but yet there still are a few issues which should be resolved before completely commiting to your solution:

- Sound control: If one is sitting in the same room where the hub is located and wants to remotely play a video to the audience, the referent is not able to only mute the client device, since the sound is played on both, hub and client, but with a slight delay. We obviously dont want that delay to be able to create an enjoyable environment for the audience.

- The Logitech plugin is not working for our logitech group and connect devices. We followed the steps explained in the documentation (Intel_Unite_Plugin_Logitech_Guide.pdf) but are not able to see "the Logitech Plugin icon located at the bottom of the window (Figure 18)." (window = Intel Unite Client App) (ref. Intel_Unite_Plugin_Logitech_Guide.pdf page 17). Is there anything we could have missed? I have to say, that we already reinstalled the logitech plugin cause we wanted to be sure that the logitech device is set as standard device BEFORE installing the plugin. Still no change.

Since we want to use your system in a productive environment, we would really appreciate a solution for those issues.

Additional information which might be usefull:

Hub System: Dell OptiPlex 7050, Client Systems: HP 840 G3

Hub Version Unite App: 3.2.82.42, Client Version Unite App: 3.2.82.42

Logitech System Work perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance, and a nice weekend!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, richardwagner.

Allow me to perform a deeper research regarding this issue you are facing. I will be back to you once I have an update.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, richardwagner.

In this case, please get in touch with http://support.logitech.com/en_us/home Logitech* support to get further assistance regarding this issue with the plugin.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RWild1
Beginner

Hello Antony,

thanks for your reply. I do not understand why I should contact logitech here. Their product works just fine. It's the Intel Plugin which doens't work as described. And I am pretty sure, that this is what logitech is going to tell me.

0 Kudos
RWild1
Beginner

Hello Anthony,

I got in contact with Logitech Customer Care and got the confirmation, that this plugin is a plugin by Intel which was made for Logitech Devices and therefore is only supported by Intel.

0 Kudos
RWild1
Beginner

Ok, lets ignore the problem with the Logitech systems. Even though the plugin worked just fine, when my colleagues were at your booth during this years ISE in Amsterdam from 6. - 9. february, our main issue is the problem concerning the sound issues.

We would really appreciate it, if you could put your focus on that issue. But please skip the average troubleshooting, since we already reinstalled the audio drivers and restarted the devices multiple times. Still not able to mute the client while the hub keeps playing audio.

Maybe there is a workaround or something, but I can simply not imagine, that ppl use Intel Unite for presentations and have the sound been played twice and delayed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, richardwagner. Thank you very much for all the information provided.

In this case, I will escalate this issue to another level of support. I will be back to you once I have an update.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Renee,

For the audio muting issue: This sounds like a problem we have come across before. In most cases, updating to the latest audio driver for the client laptop will resolve the issue and allow the user to mute the laptop without muting the hub. Please update to the latest audio driver for your client system and let us know if the problem persists (is so please provide the system config info and audio driver version).

I am looking into the Logitech plugin issue as well. Can you tell me if you are using Intel Unite in Enterprise Mode or in Small Business mode? Enterprise mode requires use of Intel Unite servers while Small Business mode does not. You can also tell by checking the type of PIN displayed on the hub - Small Business mode uses eight character PIN instead of six characters.

Thanks,

Stan A
0 Kudos
RWild1
Beginner

Hi Stan,

thanks a lot for your reply.

Audio muting issue: In my opinion, there is a function missing. Since you are mirroring your connection on another display, there is no new playback device found, like as if you would connect your laptop to a television via HDMI for example. In this case, you can just set your sound on HDMI and it is "muted" on your own device. Since in the Unite case the laptop is only mirrored, I do not see how you should be able to mute this sound only on the client and not on the hub. The laptop doesn't register the television, which is connected to the Unite Hub, as a playback device and therefore you can not control its volume separately. I hope you get my point, since my vocabulary might be more than worse here and there...

Logitech Plugin: We are running our test station in Enterprise Mode atm. Got a Unite Server up and running in our infrastructure. This part of the connection works perfectly fine; we were even fascinated how smooth 1080p videos are played via wlan, even with two devices connected at the same time and playing simultaneously.

Thanks,

René

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rene,

For the audio muting - I understand your reluctance, but this is the exact behavior we have seen before. The audio driver can mute the audio device, or the entire audio channel. When the driver mutes the audio channel, then the client audio is not sent to the hub, thus muting the hub as well. Please try installing the latest audio drivers for your client system and let me know if that resolves the issue. If not, please provide the system model information and the audio driver version.

For the Logitech plugin - I am reaching out to my contact in engineering and will get back to you with more information soon.

Thanks,

Stan A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, richardwagner .

I would like to know if you have the latest audio drivers installed on the HUB (6.0.1.8351 ,A12)? If not, please find the download link below:

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04805113M/4/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_VVPPY_WIN_6.0.1.8351_A12_01.EXE https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04805113M/4/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_VVPPY_WIN_6.0.1.8351_A12_01.EXE

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, richardwagner.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached to the post above and the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RWild1
Beginner

Hello Anthony,

thanks for your reply, but as I explained you before: this problem is 100% NOT related to any kind of driver issue. It needs some kind of interface in your software, since you want to mute something, which is not shown in the audio device settings or anything. Just imagine yourself sitting on the couch at home: you connected your laptop via hdmi to your tv and want to watch a movie. how would you like it, if the sound was played on both devices? In our case it's exactly the same, but with the slight difference, that the connection is transmitted via wlan and therefor has a delay. Now with your laptop/hdmi/tv - connection you can easily mute your laptop and the sound is still played on the television or the other way around (--> audio devices).

But in our case, with your Intel Unite software, we simply need some kind of option which can be turned on/off to only mute the source but keep the television playing the audio.

Please keep me updated on this post if there are any significant changes to your product.

Best regards

0 Kudos