Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unite Server Installer Fails Prematurely

AGrae3
Novice

I am trying to install Intel Server 4.0.991.43_A00. It appear fail when the installer is trying to create a table in the MySQL database.

I've tried a few different configuration but I still get the error.

As a added bonus, the installer is then broken after this attempt. The Organization and Organization Description are blank and locked. The installer won't let you get pass this point.

MySQL: 8.0.13.0

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello AGrae3, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. Thank you so much for the information that you attached, it is extremely helpful to us. In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Also, please provide us with a MSINFO32 report: 1) Please press Windows Key + the letter "R" on your keyboard to bring up the to open the Run command window 2) Type "msinfo32" in the Open field and left-click OK 3) While viewing the Microsoft System Information summary, go to File then choose Save (Please do not use Export) 4) Save your MSINFO32 report as "msinfo32.nfo" on your desktop to easily locate it after. It can take up to a minute to generate a report. Once completed, attach the file to your incident or email to send to NVIDIA Customer Care team (you may delete the file once you have attached it to support case and submitted the case) In addition, please provide us with the following details: HUB/Client computer details HUB manufacturer(s): HUB model(s) and SKU: Client model(s): Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit) and update version: Intel Unite® Client version: If problem happens with Extended Display provide version: Intel Unite® HUB version: Intel Unite® Server version: If problem is related to database please specify MS SQL version: Intel Unite® Small Business version (if applies): Intel Unite App Extended display driver version (if applies): HUB and Client Graphics Driver version and vendor: Number of systems affected: I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
AGrae3
Novice

Diego,

Thanks for the response.

Please see attached files. I had to compress the MSINFO32 report.

For Additional Information:

HUB/Client computer details - N/A

HUB manufacturer(s): - N/A

HUB model(s) and SKU: - N/A

Client model(s): N/A

Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit) and update version: - Windows Server 2016 Standard Version 1607 OS Build 14393.2580

Intel Unite® Client version: N/A

If problem happens with Extended Display provide version: No

Intel Unite® HUB version: N/A

Intel Unite® Server version: 4.0.991.43_A00

If problem is related to database please specify MS SQL version: 8.0.13.0

Intel Unite® Small Business version (if applies): N/A

Intel Unite App Extended display driver version (if applies): N/A

HUB and Client Graphics Driver version and vendor: N/A

Number of systems affected: 1

AGrae3
Novice

Evidently, I can't upload two files for some reason. See below for Intel System Support Utility report.

0 Kudos
LS7
Novice

This may not be related, but during install for me (also S2016, MSSQL) I failed to set up SQL in mixed mode and was Windows Auth only. I found that the service account Unite tries to set up is local only and I needed to have SQL in mixed auth to allow it. But, for me, this gave a specific error about failing to start a service through the GUI installer near the end of the install. YMMV. After switching to mixed mode and rerunning the installer, this resolved for me. The docs do specify mixed mode, but don't note that it is required.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello s AGrae3, Thank you for your response. Let us investigate further the information that you provided to us, we will reach you back as soon as possible. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
AGrae3
Novice

Diego,

Thanks. Is there any update on a resolution?

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello s AGrae3, Thank you for your patience. Please let us know: Are you installing the database on the same or different server than the Intel Unite (r) software? Is it possible for you to try with Microsoft* SQL database? Please confirm each step as follows: MySQL Server Installation The enterprise server can be configured to work with MySQL version 2008 R2 or higher. Administrators can install a new, dedicated MySQL server to run a test environment; however, it is not required. The Intel Unite application creates its own database, data tables, and indexes in an existing database without interfering with other tables or existing data. MySQL 5.7 and 5.8 have specific requirements: MySQL 5.7 requires Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 (MySQL 5.7) MySQL 5.8 requires Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015 (MySQL 5.8) The following steps describe how to install MySQL 5.7 and MySQL 5.8: Double-click the .msi file. Click the Run button. The User Account Control dialog box may display. If so, click Yes to continue. On the License Agreement screen, place a check in the check box to accept the license terms, and click Next. Select Custom and click Next. On the next screen, expand MySQL Server, expand MySQL Server <version number>, and then select MySQL Server 5.7.22 – X64, if installing on a 64-bit OS, or select MySQL Server 5.7.22 – X86, if installing on a 32-bit OS. Click the green arrow to add the product to the Products/Features To Be Installed column, and click Next. Click Execute to install MySQL. After installation, verify that a green check is next to MySQL Server <version number>, which indicates a successful installation, and then click Next. Click Next, again. For Group Replication, select Standalone MySQL Server/Classic MySQL Replication, and click Next. Leave the Type and Networking default settings unchanged and click Next. For Accounts and Roles, enter a password for the root account, and click Next. Leave the Windows* Service default settings unchanged and click Next. Leave the Plugins and Extensions default settings unchanged and click Next. Leave the Advanced Options default settings unchanged and click Next. For Apply Configuration, click Execute. Click Finish, click Next, and then click Finish, again. And lastly, are you receiving any specific error messages? I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello AGrae3, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello AGrae3, We just wanted to check if you still need help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
AGrae3
Novice

I created a new VM with MySQL 5.7 not the latest version. This fixed this problem. I would recommend remove "or greater" from the "MySQL 5.7 or greater".

0 Kudos