Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STriv
Novice

Intel Unite Setup Configuration

Dear David,

Thanks for quick reply.

i have attached my system detail

i installed it from other website not from Intel, please do you have correct intel website link to download it please share with us.

Intel Unite Hub.mui.msi Ver. 3.1. 41.18 ( we have installed this one) i think its standalone ver.

i am looking for collaboration solution for my company

David i also want to know as i read it online just want to confirm.

for intel unite is required any Vpro Series pc or Laptop or it can be installed on specific PC, NUC provided by intel Dell or HP?

David also want to know do we need to purchase the license for intel unite solution or its free, if required please help how to purchase

i am also getting ID666666 error some people suggesting for that

"it indicates that this device is a non-certified Intel Unite® Hub Device" is there some list of Intel Unite Certified devices?

Thanks for help

shivanand

17 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

Thank you for joining the community.

Allow me to share with you that there is no need to purchase the license for Intel Unite®. In the requirements for the system, you have to use devices with vPro technology.

Refer to the following link for HUB devices:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unite/intel-unite-overview.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unite/intel-unite-overview.html

Please see your private inbox.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

STriv
Novice

Dear Leonardo,

Ok understand system has only VPro processor good if Gen 5 or above is only need.

i want to know I have intel core i7 3540m processor in my laptop which is Vpro enabled so it should work on this machine.

During the Setup process for hub installation

Setup your intel unite Solution =========

while i press yes and finish its starts some configuration but at end fails

" An Error occured while configuring the system. The system has not been changed" 

i have attached system info file please look and give me some solution how can it work

thanks

shivanand

idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

Thank you for your response.

I see that your processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3540M is a 3rd generation processor, allow me to share with you the Small Business User Guide for the Intel Unite® app where you can find the system requirements on page 7 for the HUB and for the clients.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite...

You can find validated HUBs on the link provided in the previous post.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

STriv
Novice

Dear Leonardo,

i just want to know will intel Unite work on my laptop? ( processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3540M is a 3rd generation ).

i am facing the configuration problem as discussed before, please help to find the issue why i can not use the intel unite in our laptop

thanks

shivanand

idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

Looking into the case, if you are setting your laptop as a HUB, let me share with you the Hub Requirements for Intel Unite®:

• Supported SKU1- 4th generation or newer Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor-based mini PC.
  • 4 GB RAM.
  • 1 GB available storage.
  • Microsoft* Windows* 10.
    • Recommended latest patch level.
  • Microsoft .NET* 4.5 or greater.
  • Wired or wireless network connection.

The processor on your system s a 3rd generation processor not supported according to the requirements above, you can also visit the link provided in the previous post for reference about the system requirements.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

STriv
Novice

Dear leonardo,

thanks for your mail.

i have one more laptop which have intel 6th-gen core-i5-6300u processor but still facing the same issue.

\Configuration is-----

intel 6th-gen core-i5-6300u processor

have 8GB RAM

installed .net framwork 4.5 and have win 10 OS. but still have same issue

have to ask one more thing please.

suppose if we have a server machine with pcie slot that i am going to use for third party graphics cards to make multi display wall.

can we use intel unite within that machine too if it fullfil all the hub requirements.

can we use intel unite with other graphics cards drivers?

thanks

shivanand

idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to get the report.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

STriv
Novice

Dear Leonardo,

i have attached the file

thanks

shivanand

idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

Looking further into the situation that you are having setting the HUB on your configuration I see that part of the HUB requirements states that it has to be a Supported SKU- 4 th generation or newer Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor-based mini PC, aloe me to share with you the following link where you can find the validated hub devices, at the bottom of the page:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unite/intel-unite-overview.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/unite/intel-unite-overview.html.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

STriv
Novice

dear Leonardo,

i have attached my PC info file in previous mail.

will you please check the configuration is Ok for intel unite installation?

thanks

shivanand

idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

I review the report of your system and investigate further the kind of problem that you are having with the installation of the HUB, on the research made I found that at the time the HUB installation part of the hardware check is the SKU number, in this case, the validated SKU numbers are for the devices provided in the previous post are the only validated HUBs.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

STriv
Novice

Dear Leonardo,

As per your mail is that mean we can not install intel unite hub on any machine which have intel core VPro Seires 4th Gen or above processor?

is it can be installed only on specfic machine which have validated SKU number?

also please what is the SKU number.

in my previous converstiaon with intel i always come to know that it required only intel core VPro Seires 4th Gen or above processor only they have not given any detail about the SKU

how to get this SKU number if i want to install intel unite on my Laptop please suggest

thanks

shivanand

idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

The SKU number is the stoking part number that is unique for the devices, In your configuration, the message ID666666 error refers to the invalid SKU number:

Platform check fails with error ID666666

This error indicates that the platform is not compatible with the Intel Unite application. Check with the OEM

Vendor to make sure you have a supported platform to run the application.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello shivanandtrivedi

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

t_1
Beginner

Hello

I encountered similar problem where Intel unite hub will not launch using i7-6700TE, a processor with vPro.

Error message, logs, and system info will be attached

idata
Community Manager

Hello tpodole

Thank you for joining the thread.

In order to assist you better with the specific problem that you are having in your system. I recommend creating a new thread. Please make sure you add the information of the model and specs of the HUB on your configuration ( if it is possible a reference link for the unit), plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.

Thank you.

Regards,

Leonardo C.