Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unite Ultrasonic Join Client.msi install by SCCM Issue

idata
Employee

Hello Unite Team,

In our environment, we would like to dispatch the Unite Ultrasonic Join Client plugin by SCCM. but it's install failed with issue that need install C++ 2017 click Aggreement.

I have tried to install C++ 2017 first. and then install plugin, it still failed. that means it can't install quietly. is there any way to install by SCCM quietly?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sdh1984,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like to investigate this issue further.

Please provide the Intel Unite® version you are using.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wanner,

Unite 3.2

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sdh1984,

Thank you for your response.

I will forward this information to the proper department.

I will get back to you as soon as I have an update on this inquiry.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sdh1984,

I appreciate your patience.

As indicated by the installation guide, the plugin supports silent install. However, when it comes to installing the plugin by SCCM, we recommend you to contact Microsoft to know if this is supported and confirm if SCCM requires additional installs such as C++.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wanner,

Yes, SCCM is support silent install, but C++ 2007 as a part of the plugin the installation stoped need select C++ 2017 agreement. After dispatch by SCCM we found that the Ultrasonic part was installed but not successful. it's not working.

So, I would like to know below 1 or 2.

1. Did you have the plugin without C++2017,that means only have Ultrasonic version. Will dispatch C++2017 first and then dispatch Ultrasonic plugin.

2. Did you have been installed the plugin by SCCM successfully? by .bat or vbs. script and so on. my .bat file edit as this [@echo oUltrasonic.msi /quiet /passive /norestart].

below is the part of plugin installation you should be know.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sdh1984,

Thank you for your response.

I sent you a private message.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sdh1984,

Thank you for your patience.

After doing some research, and in order to get a detailed answer about dispatching the Unite Ultrasonic Join Client plugin by SCCM, we recommend you to contact Microsoft and confirm if SCCM requires additional installs such as C++.

Also, please refer to the installation guide to find the method that has been tested for installing this plug in.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos