Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unite guest acces issue

BHaan
Beginner

Hello,

I use a Intel Nuc NUC5i5MYHE in standalone mode, I have an issue with the protected guest acces part. The NUC and client pc's are running Windows 10.

The guest acces procedure works till this point, when the guests are connected to the adhoc ssid of the nuc and navigate to the client downloadpage, they download the "one time use" client and execute it. The software shows the Intel telemetry gathering message and when they select "Yes" the telemetry gathering messagepage disappears and then nothing happens. The client should come up, then you would be able to type in the pin of the hub.

I tested It with 3 different guest pc's but this happens to all of them, also the Intel Unite software has never been installed before on those pc's. I have reinstalled the guest acces plugin and reinstalled the Intel Unite hub software, but this didnt resolve the problem.

I do get the following error messages in the Windows event viewer the moment when the Intel telemetry gathering message disappears:

-

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Application Error

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords

<td style="padding: .75pt .75pt .75pt ...
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Bart90,

Please let me review this, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/message/472764 Bart90, I would like to confirm a what is the Intel® Unite™ version you are running.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
BHaan
Beginner

Hello Amy,

I am running Intel Unite Solution 3.0 Maintenance release PV 2. Thank you

Regards,

Bart

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks to you.

I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/message/472764# 472764 Bart90, hope you were able to check the last message sent to you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/message/472764# 472764 Bart90, in order to get the log please try the following:

• Go to the directory C:\Program Files (86x)\Intel\IntelUnite\Hub\Plugins
  • Once there look for the Guest Access dll and click on properties
  • Go to the digital signature tab
  • In the Certificate dialog box, click the Details tab
  • In the list of fields, scroll to and select Thumbprint
  • In the lower pane, the hexadecimal string that is the SHA-1 hash of your certificate is displayed. Select the SHA-1 hash, and then press the Windows keyboard shortcut for the Copy command (CTRL+C) to copy the hash to the Windows clipboard
  • Go to the Unite admin website
  • Login to your profile and go under groups and select the profiles tab
  • Using the profile set for the hub click on the view details button to the right
  • Click con Add Profile Property and add the information as below:

Key: PluginCertificateHash_GuestAccessPlugin

(The format is PluginCertificateHash_XXXX, where X is the name you are

giving the plugin)

Data Type: String

Unit: Text

Value: Paste the value saved in the notepad or text file mentioned in

section - Obtaining the Certificate Hash Value - (Thumbprint value). This

data can also be entered after creating the key.

• Click on Save

Check also the below document for further information including firewall exceptions:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_GuestAccessPlugin_Guide.pdf

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/114181 Bart90, if you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos