I use a Intel Nuc NUC5i5MYHE in standalone mode, I have an issue with the protected guest acces part. The NUC and client pc's are running Windows 10.
The guest acces procedure works till this point, when the guests are connected to the adhoc ssid of the nuc and navigate to the client downloadpage, they download the "one time use" client and execute it. The software shows the Intel telemetry gathering message and when they select "Yes" the telemetry gathering messagepage disappears and then nothing happens. The client should come up, then you would be able to type in the pin of the hub.
I tested It with 3 different guest pc's but this happens to all of them, also the Intel Unite software has never been installed before on those pc's. I have reinstalled the guest acces plugin and reinstalled the Intel Unite hub software, but this didnt resolve the problem.
I do get the following error messages in the Windows event viewer the moment when the Intel telemetry gathering message disappears:
Keywords<td style="padding: .75pt .75pt .75pt ...
/message/472764# 472764 Bart90, in order to get the log please try the following:
- Go to the directory C:\Program Files (86x)\Intel\IntelUnite\Hub\Plugins
- Once there look for the Guest Access dll and click on properties
- Go to the digital signature tab
- In the Certificate dialog box, click the Details tab
- In the list of fields, scroll to and select Thumbprint
- In the lower pane, the hexadecimal string that is the SHA-1 hash of your certificate is displayed. Select the SHA-1 hash, and then press the Windows keyboard shortcut for the Copy command (CTRL+C) to copy the hash to the Windows clipboard
- Go to the Unite admin website
- Login to your profile and go under groups and select the profiles tab
- Using the profile set for the hub click on the view details button to the right
- Click con Add Profile Property and add the information as below:
(The format is PluginCertificateHash_XXXX, where X is the name you are
giving the plugin)
Data Type: String
Value: Paste the value saved in the notepad or text file mentioned in
section - Obtaining the Certificate Hash Value - (Thumbprint value). This
data can also be entered after creating the key.
- Click on Save
Check also the below document for further information including firewall exceptions: