Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BEnge4
Beginner

Invalid PIN/PIN you entered could not be found.

We just set up intel unite and it seems to be working pretty well, but what we noticed is if we go back to the TV after it has locked, and we sign back in the PIN doesn't seem to sync up to the server. This is fixed by closing intel unite or signing off then on. Do I need to change the settings to the pin expiration? What am I doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BEnge4,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

• Based on your description of the issue, we would like to know if the problem starts happening after the hub or the client(s) go to sleep.
  • Is the TV connected to a hub or a client?
  • What is the Intel Unite® App version you are running on your environment?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

BEnge4
Beginner

The hub is connected to a TV. It appears that it happens when the TV is turned off. The computer is still running but it goes to a lock screen. Say I come back to the TV an hour later, I turn the TV on, unlock the computer and sign in, Intel Unite is still running, but the pin that is at the top of the screen is invalid when I connect with the client. Once I close and reopen intel unite, the pin works again.

Client: 4.0

Hub: 4.0.4173.300

Server: 4.0.4173.30

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BEnge4,

Thank you for your response. 

Turning off the TV may enable HDMI CEC technology, which may cause the Hub to go the sleep. Depending on the implementation of CEC features, this technology may cause the Server and Hub to lose their connection

• If applicable, try disabling HDMI CEC in the TV.

If the issue persists, try editing the PIN properties on the Admin Portal.

Wanner G.

BEnge4
Beginner

Thanks Warren,

Will definitely try this on TV.

I had already been adjusting PIN properties, what are the correct settings for this?

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BEnge4,

In this scenario, we recommend that you modify the PIN properties based on your environment and needs.

For more information on the PIN properties, please refer to section 7.4.3. Server Properties Page of the Deployment Guide.

Wanner G.

BEnge4
Beginner

Hey Wanner,

It looks like CEC was already disabled and after adjusting pin setting it is still having the issue. When I click the power on the TV, I can hear the PC makes a noise, like the sound of a driver change, and the same when I turn it back on. Is there any other settings I can adjust?

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BEnge4,

We will do further research about this behavior. 

Please provide the following information:

Problem details

• Frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always):  
  • Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screen shots):
  • Attempted workaround (settings changes, etc.):
  • Environment (office, enterprise, school, hospital, factory, home):

HUB/Client computer details

• HUB manufacturer(s):
  • HUB model(s) and SKU:
  • Client model(s):
  • Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit) and update version:
  • Intel Unite® Client version:
  • Intel Unite® HUB version:
  • Intel Unite® Server version:

Log files

1. Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

• Intel® SSU Download link
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

2. Intel Unite® logs are the debug files the software automatically generates with the errors and interactions the devices that are running this application generate. 

The Server saves the files at the following location: C:\Users\IntelUniteWebApiPool\AppData\LocalTemp

Files name are IntelUniteServerLog.txt, IntelUniteTransactionLog.txt, and UniteServerLog.txt

The Client and Hub logs are created by default and are called Unite.sql.

This file is located on C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp

This file is a SQLite database, and it can be opened with any SQL Client but the DB Browser for SQLite is recommended.

Wanner G.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BEnge4,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello BEnge4,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.