Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Mac users cannot enter letters as app password/pin

GDhoo
Beginner

Using standalone Hub, 3.2.82.42 on a HP L2LT44EA#UUG

When using the provided Hub installer, the http splash screen/download points Mac users towards public download for the Mac app.

The used Mac app can not process letters, only digits. The Intel Unite Hub shows a pin with letters and digits. Thus, Mac users can not connect to Intel Unite.

Now I've tried downloading the update for Unite, this is HP SP98207, which contains Hub 4.0.2741.12. When I run it, it looks like it finishes.

HOWEVER:

When I look in C:\program files, the \Intel Unite\ folder now has 3 subfolders: Download, Hub, and Hub 4.0.2741.12. So, the updater did not overwrite the previous version, it installed itself next to it!

When I run the Hub launcher EXE inside that new folder, I get an error 0x0053B "the required key to run Intel Unite app is missing. Please go to the admin portal to restore key". Well, I have no admin portal, this is a stand-alone version.

This is the 3rd critical flaw I found in the Intel Unite installation on our HP platform. Support in my region takes ages to figure out how Unite works. Please, any assistance is welcome - I assume there is a version mismatch here, and am puzzled why there are so few answers and resources online.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello GDhoo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

For a better understanding of Intel Unite® let's break the information down.

1- Your Intel Unite® version is outdated, latest 3.x version is 3.3.190.26.

2- The reason why your Mac version cannot use letters is that it has not been installed as a small business/standalone. Enterprise versions use only numbers for the pin. In this case, you should uninstall the client and reinstall it as a small business. 

3- Intel Unite® version 3.x and 4.x are completely different. Imagine that they are 2 different apps. Which is the reason why you are getting 2 different subfolders.

4- The error you are getting while installing Intel Unite® version 4.x is expected since there is not a small business of version 4.x. The error you are getting is saying that you require a configuration, profile, pin server, etc.

5- Could you please mention the other 2 flaws you got with the app? 

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello GDhoo,

Were you able to check the recommendations provided in the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello GDhoo,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
GDhoo
Beginner

Thank you EstebanCh. I'm sorry for not replying back, this topic seems to have slipped my mind.

I have installed the software as Hub / Standalone on our main device. So, from your reply, I'm assuming we need a different MAC OS CLIENT software? Where do I find that?

We follow the URL that is provided by the device itself, it points us to executables that gives us only numbers.

0 Kudos