Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Missing Subscription error

TrimbleGU
Beginner

I have been running Intel Unite with an on prem server for years.  We have several "hubs" currently running and working just fine, but they all 3+ years old.  I purchased a new Dell OptiPlex 7000 system, with Vpro to add to our hub collection.  I installed everything as I normally would on an older machine, but I get an error saying, "This system does not have the subscription to run the Intel Unite app."  

I have tried turning off the Firewall.  The AMT in the BIOS is set to "Enabled".  The Hub shows up on the server's device management page after I install the hub...... it just will not run.

I also tried installing the hub app on 2 newer Lenovo computers with Vpro and got the same error.

Are new systems no longer supported without some kind of subscription?

Has anyone seen this or hopefully solved it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Paul_R_Intel

Hello TrimnbleGU, 

Thank you for joining the community, 

We understand that you purchased a new Dell OptiPlex 7000 system, and it comes up with "system does not have the required subscription to run the app. As you mentioned that you have deployed and have running over several "hubs" it could be related to the system it self. As OEMs may offer bundled SKUs which are prequalified for use as hubs we would recommend you to make sure this system is compatible with the Intel Unite® application. Have you worked with Dell to confirm the model you have is compatible with the app?

Some additional details we would like to add:

• What is the Intel Unite HUB and Client  application version, are you using the same version for the Server/hub?
  • Did you provisioned it as mentioned in the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031167/software/software-applications.html

We will be waiting for your reply,   

Best regards, 

Paul R.   

Intel Customer Support Technician   

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:   

https://intel.com/support/serverbios   

0 Kudos
TrimbleGU
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks for quick reply.  I did contact Dell, but they just asked if I had reached out to Intel.  I was not aware of the need for a "subscription".  I thought it only needed Vpro.  I will hit the guys at Dell up again and find out.  

As for the Hub version, I am running 4.2.25031.51.  I also tried several other hub versions.

We are running Intel Unite® Solution Hub - 4.2.34484.410

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello TrimnbleGU, 

I hope you are doing great, we appreciate you checking with them so once we get confirmation that it should work with the SKU that you have we can further investigate.

Please update us as soon as possible.

We will be waiting for your reply,  

Best regards, 

Paul R.   

0 Kudos
TrimbleGU
Beginner

I finally received the answer below from Dell.  It sounds like the questions might be, "How do I get a subscription?" 

Hi Matthew.  As I read “This system does not have the subscription to run the Intel Unite app" it sounds to me that is where the problem lies but maybe I’m wrong.  I researched the Intel Unite Solution Deployment Guide (2022 July) and it states, “The hub is an Intel Core vPro processor-based mini PC that meets the hub requirements described in Section 2.2.”  I’ve not found a compatibility list that spells out the OptiPlex 7000 Micro; however, as mentioned in the first bullet point in “Devices that are not explicitly approved by Intel but meet the remainder of the prerequisites may be used, but performance is not guaranteed”.  I’d recommend working with Intel to understand the last bullet point in the prerequisites stating “The Intel Unite application, available by subscription”.  I’ve not been made aware of any bundle on Dell’s end that would include the hub application bypassing the subscription.

TrimnbleGU_0-1675875885358.png

Additionally, as Jim pointed out, every single Knowledge Base Article I find from Dell on Intel Unite states the below (latest article being 2022 DEC 19 Troubleshooting Intel unite | Dell US)

Note: On January 01 2022, Intel will assume all support activity for Intel Unite. Dell will no longer provide support for Intel Unite. Refer all your questions regarding Intel Unite to Intel.

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello TrimnbleGU, 

I hope you are doing great, we appreciate the update provided, to continue with the support and gather more information (logs, system info...etc) we will contact you via email as it may content sensitive information.

You will hear back from us.

Best regards, 

Paul R.   

0 Kudos
TrimbleGU
Beginner

Sounds good, thank you.  I will be looking out for the email.

Best, 

Matthew Trimble

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello TrimnbleGU, 

I hope you are doing great, I have already emailed you, I used the email on file, please update your profile if any update to the email is needed and let us know, or check the spam folder.

Best regards, 

Paul R.   

0 Kudos
TrimbleGU
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I did not receive an email, and my email is up to date on my profile.  Also, I'm getting all the email notifications to this thread.  Nothing in my junk either.  

One thing I did see, is that there was an "N" in my username that did not belong.  it should have been "Trimble".  I just corrected it. 

best, 

Matthew Trimble

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, Matthew,

I hope this email finds you well.

Please let us know if further support is necessary.

0 Kudos