Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KPatt5
Beginner

My wifi keeps disconnecting after installing wifi drivers

After installing some new Intel drivers with my auto-updater, my wifi has disconnected over and over randomly all day. Please help! I don't know how to fix this! It is very annoying.

The driver download said something about wifi when it was downloading, but I can't remember what. During the installation, my wifi disconnected and I had to restart to fix it.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello KPatt5, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Let us know the information below. What is your computer model? What is your Intel® Wireless Adapter model? Did you integrate the Intel® Wireless Adapter to your computer? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
KPatt5
Beginner

Sorry! I didn't know how to reply to this comment exactly. Here's what I said:

1. I don't know what you mean by computer model, but I do have this picture if it helps any? (attaching image to the bottom of the post)
  2. I don't have a wireless adapter?? I just have a laptop and a centurylink modem/router? It said I had to update my wifi driver or whatever so I updated it with the auto updater. Thing is, I didn't even know I had one??
  3. No? Is it a physical item? I do not own one. So then how did it detect drivers for it on my PC?

PC info.PNG

KPatt5
Beginner

1. I don't know what you mean by computer model, but I do have this picture if it helps any? (attaching image to post)
  2. I don't have a wireless adapter?? I just have a laptop and a centurylink modem/router? It said I had to update my wifi driver or whatever so I updated it with the auto updater. Thing is, I didn't even know I had one??
  3. No? Is it a physical item? I do not own one. So then how did it detect drivers for it on my PC?

PC info.PNG

Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for information, but I was unable to find the correct model for your computer model. Please, download and install the following tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Run the tool and attach the report generated to your thread. This will help me to get the information requested before. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
KPatt5
Beginner

Here is the report I generated. (I enabled everything including the third party stuff)

Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Thank you. Try the driver below and use 'Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers' method to install the driver. Make sure to follow all the steps there. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28358/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki... Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
KPatt5
Beginner

I am afraid I will mess it up if I try to do that. Is there another option? A safer option?

I did run the wifi thing though and I hit repair. I don't think it worked though.

Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

The Clean Installation method should not mess any configuration. If you wish, you can contact us via chat or phone and request for a remote session* to install the driver. *This service may not be available for your region. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

If you need further assistance let us know Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation