Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Need help with setting up WebEx plugin

MFlet3
Beginner

According to the setup document there is a requirement to have a "WebEx account which has permissions to view all scheduled meetings for your site" (section 2.1 of the setup document)

I reached out to our WebEx provider to get clearification on how such permissions are given to a WebEx account. Here is the message I sent to them:

"I am looking to setup the Intel Unite Plugin for WebEx. Looking through the setup document there is a requirement to create a WebEx account that has permissions to view all schedules at our site. Could you provide instructions on how to configure a WebEx account so that it has view permissions to all scheduled meetings for a particular site? Is there a document that explains how to complete this process?"

Here is the response I got:

"I asked for our advanced support team to take a look into the issue. The wording Intel is using is not the same as the terminology we use. I would suggest reaching out to Intel directly to see if they have the names of the settings that need to change."

Can someone (preferably from Intel) better explain how such account would be created?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MFlet3, Thank you for posting on this Community. Intel Unite® obtains the permissions using the provided WebEx account. It worth mentioning that a corporate WebEx account which has permissions to view all scheduled meetings for your site is required. When installing the plugin, you need to provide accurate information about the WebEx account: 2.2 Plugin Installation 1. User Name: WebEx* account login ID used for web service calls. 2. Password: WebEx account password used for web service calls. 3. Site Name: The WebEx site can be determined from the WebEx URL you use. This value should be everything before .webex.com. Example: • WebEx URL: mycompany.my.webex.com • Site: mycompany.my 4. Hub Email: The unique email address assigned to the hub. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MFlet3
Beginner

While I appreciate the response I feel you didn't fully understand my question. My post implied that I already read the setup document. My issue is that I asked our WebEx provider to create the required account and they stated "I asked for our advanced support team to take a look into the issue. The wording Intel is using is not the same as the terminology we use. I would suggest reaching out to Intel directly to see if they have the names of the settings that need to change."

I fully understand the setup document but could you explain how to create a "WebEx account which has permissions to view all scheduled meetings for your site" as our WebEx provider says that wording doesnt make sense.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MFlet3, We will investigate this request further and get back to you soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MFlet3
Beginner

Thanks! I look forward to the update. I have also reached out to our WebEx provider (westuc.com) as well as Cisco directly trying to get info on how exactly someone creates a "WebEx account which has permissions to view all scheduled meetings for your site". Both of them replied and said Intel needs to clarify what they are asking for.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MFlet3, Thank you for the update. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MFlet3, In the WebEx configuration, the account used by Intel Unite® needs to be able to view schedules for all users. The easiest way to accomplish this is to use an account set up as an administrator. Also, when running the WebEx plugin from the hub, you may get a prompt to select an audio device. If this happens, you may need to go into the WebEx configuration and allow the account used on the hub to select a default audio device. After enabling that setting, you need to select the audio device once from the hub and it should not prompt after that. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MFlet3, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MFlet3, If you need any further assistance, please contact us back at your earliest convenience. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AAhme64
Beginner

@Wanner_G_Intel We keep getting "connection failed" when we test the connection from the webex plugin installer with the corporate webex account details that we provided. Weuse SSO to login to our corporate webex accounts. Could that be the reason why it's failing to connect and if yes, How do we work around this? We really need this webex plugin to work.

Thank you

0 Kudos