Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

New Unite 4.2.18036.38 install stops with Service (unitemaintenancesvc) failed to start.

AHorv5
Beginner

I am trying to install a new Unite server and it gets stuck on starting services. The server is a brand new VMware virtual machine with server 2019 standard. SQL Express 2019 and IIS 10. Right now I am running a self signed cert until I am able to get it to work and then planning on changing to a third party cert. 

Can anybody tell me why it gets stuck on this step I already reinstalled the virtual machine 3 times and it stops at the same spot.

This is the error message I get.

AHorv5_0-1602452801620.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel

Hello AHorv5

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding this behavior, there are usually 2 ways to fix this. If the first method does not fix the issue please try the second method.

First Method:

Delete the Unite Database and the api_user, then rerun the installer using P@ssw0rd for the Unite Service account.

Second Method:

If the database is on Windows Authentication mode, you have to change it to Mixed mode on the database, after performing that change restart the installer:

1. In SQL Server Management Studio Object Explorer, right-click the server, and then click Properties.
  2. On the Security page, under Server authentication, select SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode, and then click OK.
  3. In the SQL Server Management Studio dialog box, click OK to acknowledge the requirement to restart SQL Server.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello AHorv5

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding this behavior, there are usually 2 ways to fix this. If the first method does not fix the issue please try the second method.

First Method:

Delete the Unite Database and the api_user, then rerun the installer using P@ssw0rd for the Unite Service account.

Second Method:

If the database is on Windows Authentication mode, you have to change it to Mixed mode on the database, after performing that change restart the installer:

1. In SQL Server Management Studio Object Explorer, right-click the server, and then click Properties.
  2. On the Security page, under Server authentication, select SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode, and then click OK.
  3. In the SQL Server Management Studio dialog box, click OK to acknowledge the requirement to restart SQL Server.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AHorv5
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, I changed it to Mixed mode and the install finished without error.  You guys should put this into the deployment guide.  

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello AHorv5

Thank you for your response and feedback, it is really appreciated it.

We are glad to know that the installer finished without errors after applying this change.

It is worth mentioning that this requirement is noted in the Intel Unite® app version 4.x Deployment Guide (PDF) under Enterprise Server Requirements, section 2.1, page 12

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_4_Solution_Deployment.pdf

Server Requirements.png

Since this thread has been marked as Solved we will proceed to close it now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos