Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Plug in traffic on the network.

KGilp
Novice

Hi,

When running either the Zoom or Skype plug in, does the plug in generate any Unite Hub to Server traffic on the network? Or is it as I assume, the streaming and voice connectivity all running on the Hub device. We are trying to determine if we are going to have any issue with latency if the Unite server is possibly located behind a slower segment of the network.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kargy,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support,

I understand that you have an inquiry regarding the Intel® Unite app and you would like to know the network traffic used while running a plug in like Zoom or Skype, it will be my pleasure to assist you with your inquiry.

Regarding this, we will have to look into the matter and do a little research as we are uncertain how much traffic the plugin generates while in use since this is a video conference software that generally needs a stable connection to operate.

I will get back to you as soon as we have looked into the matter, my apologies for the delay.

Regards,

David V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kargy,

Thank you for your patience,

After some research we have found out that the network traffic is different from setup to setup as it depends how many units get connected. However, it is quite important to have a stable connection so that the video conference software works smoothly and with no interruptions.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,

David V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kargy,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Were you able to solve your issue?

Do not hesitate to reply to this for further help!

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos