Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMatu
Beginner

Problem with getting PIN code by Intel Unite HUB.

Hello,

I have a problem with Intel Unite HUB application.

The application doesn`t show a PIN code.

Only dashes.

The error:

Application_DispatcherUnhandledException Obiekt docelowy wywołania zgłosił wyjątek.Odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu. - Obiekt docelowy wywołania zgłosił wyjątek.

Application_DispatcherUnhandledException  w System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

Could any one please help me with this problem?

The Intel Unite HUB is running in Enterprise mode.

The HUB model: Intel NUC7i5DNKE

The Intel Unite Software verision is 3.3.

The server, hub are all connected in the same network.

The firewall is disbaled, on the Server and on the Hub.

I will be grateful for any help.

Thanks,

- Bartosz

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BMatu Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Can you access the admin web portal from the HUB? • Have you configure the DNS service record? • Do you have a certificate installed on the environment that is SHA 2? • Now to configure the Ccservice.asmx file, please follow these steps: 1. Open the notepad as administrator (Open your Windows start menu, search for the notepad application and then right click the notepad icon. Choose “Run as administrator”) 2. Go to File > Open > and go to this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Unite\Hub 3. You should see the following information: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <EnterpriseServerSettings> <RunMode>Enterprise</RunMode> <DefaultStandAloneValues> <KeyValuePair> <Key>AllowFileTransfer</Key> <Value>True</Value> </KeyValuePair> <KeyValuePair> <Key>FullScreenRoomMode</Key> <Value>true</Value> </KeyValuePair> <KeyValuePair> <Key>VerifyPluginCertificateHash</Key> <Value>true</Value> </KeyValuePair> <KeyValuePair> <Key>HubLockKeyboard</Key> <Value>false</Value> </KeyValuePair> <KeyValuePair> <Key>FullScreenRoomModeShowPin</Key> <Value>True</Value> </KeyValuePair> </DefaultStandAloneValues> <Hosts> <EnterpriseServerHost> <ServerHost></ServerHost> <CertificatePublicKey> </CertificatePublicKey> </EnterpriseServerHost> </Hosts> </EnterpriseServerSettings> 4. Press "Ctrl + F" and look for <ServerHost></ServerHost> 5. Following the example below, please insert either the IP address of the Intel Unite® server or the FQDN where Intel Unite® is installed. <ServerHost>http://IP address or FQDN/Unite/CCService.asmx</ServerHost> Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
BMatu
Beginner

Hello​ LeoC,

Thank you for your reply.

• Can you access the admin web portal from the HUB?

Yes, I can access the admin web portal form the HUB.

• Have you configure the DNS service record?

Yes, the DNS service record for Intel Unite Server is created.

• Do you have a certificate installed on the environment that is SHA 2?

No, I don`t. SHA1 "SelfSigned" cerificate is added on IIS for https bindings.

To ommit the problem with SHA2 cerificate I added to the HUB registry below keys.

"AllowInsecureCertificates"=dword:00000001

"DisableCheckCertificateChain"=dword:00000001

That solves the problem with the lack of SHA2 certificate (error: Blocking Insecure Certificate: SHA1_RSA in debug mode).

Regarding configure the Ccservice.asmx file - there is no such file on HUB. I createdsuch file but it doesn`t solve the problem.

Thanks,

- Bartosz

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BMatu Thank you for the information. Intel Unite® requires to use a certificate SHA2 on the environment and the file advice on the previous steps is created at the time of the installation of the Intel Unite® HUB in this case you can try to uninstall the HUB software on the system and reinstall it to complete the steps provided previously. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BMatu Have you tried the steps provided previously? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
BMatu
Beginner

​Hello Leonardo,

I created SHA256 self signed certificate in PowerShall. And added to both on the server and on the Hub.

After this, it works properly, Hub is connecting with the Server, the Server sees connected Hub.

Now I`m strugling with Guest Access plugin and I have some problem with getting it work.

Are you able to help me with the Guest Access also?

Thanks!

- Bartosz

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BMatu

Thank you for the information.

I am glad to hear the issue was solve by using the SHA2 certificate.

In order to look into the guest access plugin please go to the following, consult the Windows* event log (event viewer) and provide me with the log file.

What version of guest access are you installing on the environment? please provide me with the download link?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BMatu Were you able to get the information requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
BMatu
Beginner

​Leonardo,

Unfortunatelly I had to return the Intel NUC computer I got for testing.

Now I`m waiting for purchasing the device.

Then I`ll be able to continue with testing Guest Access.

I will test it in Intel Unite ver. 3.3.

Thank you,

Bartosz

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BMatu Thank you for the update, please keep us posted with the outcome of the testing. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BMatu Do you have any update in the behavior you were facing? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
BMatu
Beginner

​Leonardo,

This week my supervisor will apply for acceptance of costs.

Costs for a screen/projector and the Intel NUC device.

So I think that I will be able to go on with testing at the end of the next month.

Thanks,

Bartosz

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BMatu Thank you for the information. Thank you for the update, I am going to close this request momentarily while you get the new hardware, as soon as you have any update please let us know by replying back to this community thread. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation